Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and i know very few about engine swaping...
Heres my question, i have got a 96 Civic 1.4 EJ9 (D14A4) and the head gasket is gone... :cry: .... and i dont just want to spend around 500 to get it fix with only 8x bhp, i am lookin for something that will give more power (Probably 1.6 Vtec or even greater... looking for an engine that will give 130+ bhp)and will fit in my civic at the reasonable cost. Can anyone please give me an advise on this? Also, there is some rust on my car as its getting old... can the chassis still withstand the force produce by such a powerful engine?

Btw, I've read some of the old topics and they mention LOOM, ANCILLARIESWT...etc. actually wt are they?
and wt sort of part I need to buy? as i know nothing about engine swap... sorry for that silly question...

Anyway, thank you very much!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
see if you look around a few honda breakers online they will be able to quote you prices for everything you need

for the complete swap! i was interested for a good while in doing an engine swap on my ej9 but tbh with all the

hassle im just gonna get a bigger civic in general!

you'l need everything from the gearbox to the wiring loom to the engine mounts for the new engine your wanting

to put in! then obviously changes like upgrading brakes and exhaust system etc which i assume you'l be wanting to do anyways!

good luck n let me know how it goes for you! just bit too much hassle and money for me to do personally as i

dont have any skills to fit the engine myself!!

although this is an american site, look out for these kinda things online where they are doing everything you

need for a complete swap!! you'l hopefully get bout 170bhp outta the likes of this

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 - 3 of 3 Posts