Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.3 EG6 wich I am looking to convert with a B18c4 engine and box out of a civic MB6,
Does anyone know about the wiring?
would I need an ecu (hondata i was thinking) and Mb6 loom or could i keep the existing loom in the EG6,
convert the engine and attach the ecu?
I was thinking the immobiliser for the B18 could be a problem.

Id appreciate any help thanks. :confused:

·
Registered
822 Posts
from my very limited knowledge i think all that stuff you just said needs to be changed,
along with other stuff like suspension and more i think.......

noticed no ones said anything so just trying to help a bit :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
it wud be easier to get a eg6(vti) as tht has a b16 stock so it wud be a drop it affair as far as suspention and driveshafts are concerned myt actually be cheaper that way to

·
Registered
795 Posts
Well the EG6 is was only ever available in a 1.6 with the B16 so its not an EG6 to begin with, although the exterior shape will be the same the heart of the operation (engine) isn't. So there's probably gonna be a lot more involved.

No matter what car you decide to drop the b18 into though you'll need to look at the suspension and such because the added weight is gonna have a say on the handling characteristics of the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah think yours is an eg3 or sumthing anyway and yeah its gonna be a big swap...is the b18c5 much more heavy than a b16a engine an gearbox combo?i thought they were similar in weight but are they duggy?

·
Registered
795 Posts
low13 said:
yeah think yours is an eg3 or sumthing anyway and yeah its gonna be a big swap...is the b18c5 much more heavy than a b16a engine an gearbox combo?i thought they were similar in weight but are they duggy?
I think they're around about the same weight yeah maybe a little heavier for the b18

1 - 7 of 7 Posts