Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just picked up this little toy for a track car

2 in the family now and going to buy a ek coupe tommor lol

bought a cheap turbo kit a £600 from ebay I KNOW WHAT YOUR GONNA SAY...but its a track car lol and ordered another turbo , and a wideband a/f ..... a tube of t304 3"tube and few 3" bends for side exit exhaust out the rear qtr

few pics

then after i sell the other red lsi the funds from that will get me pistons and rods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any comments welcome

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nickyboy said:
I give it 10 miles.

And your rear o/s alloy is on the wrong side of the car.

Apart from that, welcome, car looks good. lol

10 mile ?? why u say that lol :mrgreen: a b16 wit 68k thought that was just asking to be turbod :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will i am just using all the fittings and the intercooler

loads of people say bad things but at the end of the day you get what u pay for ....... AND I BOUGHT SHITE lol the end of the day my new coupe will be getting the same treatment but a built b18 turbo

I JUST LOVE TURBO S

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Small update

over the weekend darron and myself installed the turbo kit

few pics

before

after

intercooler and pipework installed

then cut some random holes in the bumper lol

BUT THE SHITE KIT DOSE NOT COME WITHOUT PROBLEMS lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

1.We have a very anoying leak from the oil feed t the turbo :mad:
2.The boost pipe work was not right shape (so we chopted it and welded it CUSTOM BOOST PIPES ) :D
3.the down pipe was for another kit by the looks of it so we chopted of the flange and made our own
4 some of the silicone joiners were wrong size and shape ...........looks like they have a blind store man

well thats it for now ordered some larger injectors,fuel pump , and hondata s300 and lm1 wideband

SO OVERALL THE KIT IS SHITE LOL

TOMMY

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Good work fabricating all the stuff yourself, always the best way!

Check your oil return for leaks as well as they always tend to leak!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Edd said:
Good work fabricating all the stuff yourself, always the best way!

Check your oil return for leaks as well as they always tend to leak!

Thanks mate

yae i thought the 1 that came with the kit looked pretty poor so i welded a 15mm pipe into the sump both welded inside and out ....so i hope that should be fine

thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
really not a fan at all of them spoilers on the egs but apart from that very nice :)

find much of a gain off the turbo being fitted? or is it not up and going yet

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
not up and going yet

would never drive a car with an oil leak at the turbo just asking for a big engine fire lol

we should hopefully have a new feed within the nxt few days

tommy

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Just seen the pictures and looking good so far, what route are you going down for fuel management?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
going to be running hondata lm1 wideband ank ktype egt and 450 cc injectors and tuning it myself

MOST OF THE PROBLEMS FIXED

still need a reducer silicone hose that goes from i/c to boost pipe if any 1 has a bit lying around

tommy

·
Registered
298 Posts
You'll find the intercooler piping just comes as a generic kit and "custom" pipe work is expected ;).

The manifold will be the first thing to go. I had one of these kits many moons ago, everything was fine for about 7 months, then it started cracking. Look into buying a second manifold for then.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Vince said:
You'll find the intercooler piping just comes as a generic kit and "custom" pipe work is expected ;).

The manifold will be the first thing to go. I had one of these kits many moons ago, everything was fine for about 7 months, then it started cracking. Look into buying a second manifold for then.

Nice 1 mate i will do what mani you running now ? how did you find the turbo ?

also guys looking for a 90degree 2 inch bend if any 1 has 1 handy

tommy

·
Registered
298 Posts
I changed from the XS Power manifold to a Tuner Toys ram stylee one from America. I now have a B series engine with a Lovefab Mini-me EQ.

The XS Power turbo, to be honest, was great value for money. It worked, it made boost... it wasn't exactly slow at spooling, and it didn't break - ideal! It's got nothing on a Garrett GT series turbo though mate, I now run a GT30-76R and the spool up sound is immense... the XS one was more of a raspy blowing noise in comparison!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sounding good mate !!!!!!

i am looking into a new turbo atm but dont want to fling loads of cash at it as it will only be used at the weekend on track :D

what was the setup u were running on the b16 ?

thnaks for the advice

tommy

1 - 20 of 28 Posts