Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
Obviously something like this comes down to your own personal preference mate. I prefer the EK, but that's because I own one.

You gotta weigh it up yourself, this is one of those things we can't decide for you :p

·
Registered
240 Posts
personally i prefer the eg but if i was going for a b16 i would go for the ef because they are far more rare which means you get a lot more attention and they are also the fastest civic with a b16 honda have ever made if you are talking power to weight ratio

·
Registered
780 Posts
yeah EF sir, rare as rocking horse sh1t and look lush, theres a d16 ef on pistonheads atm for £250 if your interested edd, looks nice, but no mot etc

·
Registered
240 Posts
the ek produces the most power but when you work it out as power to weight the ef is better, i guess its a bit stupid though because head to head there wouldnt be much difference and you can always lose weight from a car anyway.
If you decide to try and find an ef go on http://www.4guk.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; its an ef forum there are quite a few vt's that pop up for sale on there and a few sir's if your lucky

·
Registered
614 Posts
i would say an ek vti cuz thats what ive got but i do like the eg. Both are great so go with either.

Just a question to all, what is a Sir and what is the difference btween say a ek4 vti?????

·
Registered
78 Posts
1992-1995 JDM Honda Civic SiRII (EG6/EG9)
Displacement: 1595 cc
Compression: 10.4:1
Power: 170 hp (130 kW) @ 7800 rpm & 113 ft·lbf (153 N·m) @ 7300 rpm
Transmission: S4C (Some with LSD)

1992-2000 Honda Civic EDM VTi (EG & EK)
Displacement: 1595 cc
Compression: 10.4:1
Power: 160 hp @ 7,600 rpm & 118 ft·lbf (151 N·m) @ 2500 rpm
Transmission: Y21

these are the differences bud.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yea only import mate like stug said, but if you look around i have seen a couple pop up on auto trader and ebay! they are a little bit lighter i think as they are a more focused car (no luxuries) i could be wrong about that tho. Any civic equiped wit a B series mate your gonna be having giggles :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts