Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been reading through manual and forum and have noticed that my 97 1.4i civic does not have an econo light.
is there a way to wire it up so that i can have a seperate LED to come on (simular to the VTEC LED) ect.
im assuming the ecu will have a standard output that i can tap onto.
any info or help will be apprecated.
Simon

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
economy lights are normally hooked up to a vaccum source but you would need a sensor to tap into a vac hose
why do you want one ?
and why dont you get a vaccum gauge much more use than a light and you can drive economically off them .
i would personally have a vac gauge [attachment=0:6bg4vtdq]tim gauge.jpg[/attachment:6bg4vtdq]

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont really fancy a vac gauge as trying to keep my mods subtile (i have used vac gauges in the past) just want an led in my dash clocks. Only reason i want the light is due to me being to able to drive a bit more economiclly if i have it.
im sure i can find a sensor if needed - i will have to buy a haynes manual and look at the wiring for the original style ones. see what i can come up with.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well iv got haynes manual on its way to me now so i will work it out from there and post up exactly what i do should anyone else want to do it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok been through haynes manual and have all the wiring but i need to know the economy control circuit within the instrument panel
so if anyone has access to the schematics for the dash clocks with a econ light then please post them up
Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a vac gauge is dead easy to hook up, the ones i have used in the past you put a T peice in the vac pipe for the airbox and then link that vaccumed pipe to the gauge itself and then put +12 and ground onto it (via a fuse for safe measure) (i linked to ignition for 12v so was only lit when engine is on) and it senses the vaccum and is lit up.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cheers for the info simon, may fit one if I pick a gauge up cheap enough.
What if've you got an induction kit on the car? i'm minus an air box

·
Registered
3 Posts
Isn't that Econo light for the Vtec-E engine (D15z8), it comes on when the engine is running on 12 valves and lean burn mode.
Lean burn is below 2500RPM (3500 in 5th gear), and when you are easy on the throttle.

Edit:

oops old thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts