Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im am new to the forum i have a Honda Civic Saloon 1.6I VTEC 1997 with the square lights Has a very clean engine the only mods i have is a 5by3" back box and KnN induction kit but i want something to to give me more power what is a easy and cheap way to do this

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well im payed 350 a week so gt atlest 100 to 150 on mods wat would b the best thing to buy/upgrade

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Best bet is to save yer money and buy a stainless cat back system, decat and manifold!! But all mods are expensive so imaffraid you'll be saving more than modding lol

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
for a start you wanna get yourself a proper catback exhaust system and like gibbs said a decat and manifold!! get the exhaust fumes flowing nicely ;)

after that your gonna have to start spending a little more money if you want power gains lol

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
also a point you have to remember is, theres no point having 600BHP if your fly wheal, gear box and tyres cant put that to the road. Remember power is nothing without Torque. My mates desiel has less power but more toque than my car civic and he could easly challenge my civic at a drag. So if you want speed you have to work on torque too, as Civic's lack low end torque. Try to get a manifold and lightend flywheel that will improve low end torque as that will help to free up a bit from the engine. But you need to have good tyres, or your just going to be ripping your rubber trying to get the power to the track.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where and what parts could u recommend to me i don't wanna go buy some crap parts i want reliability

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
If you can let us know what type of engine you have then we can let you know mate

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Check the engine bay and there should be a plate at the back of the engine bay under the windscrean and that should let you know what model car you have and the engine type

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have a d16 i was looking at a turbo kit 550 new is it worth buying or will it destroy my engine

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
^^^^^ AND the TURBO!!! The ebay turbo's tend to be cheaply made and will break a lot quicker than a more expensive turbo. If the whole kit cost's 550 im guessing it's ebay, as the cost a of a GOOD turbo (turbo part only) would start from about £500 Try these websites, MUCH more expensive but your getting quality parts

http://www.turbo-kits.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/C ... okits.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_pg/c ... parts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the turbo is the t2 of the scooby which comes witrh the kit thnxs 4 the sites m8

1 - 20 of 21 Posts