Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there.
i just recently purchased my honda civic 1.5 lsi and before buying it i was informed of a 'whiney sound' at low speeds, this is a problem which has persisted for three years, and doesnt affect the performance of the car. Can anyone diagnose my problem and an idea of how much it will be to get fixed?

Also very recently a horrid'rickey' noise is sounding in first gear beofer the vtec kicks in, any ideas of this aswell?
cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
how much oil is in your gear box/ when was it last replaced?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi i have the same problem wid my civic people say its the release bearing and people say its the gear box wen i put my foot on the clutch it stops can any one help me

·
Registered
143 Posts
mines doing the exact same thing mate, except mines stared to knock very quietly now aswell :( try asking a garage for a quote to get the clutch release bearing replaced, shouldnt cost too much, maybe even replace your clutch whilst your at it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah will do. mine started 2 knock the other day but hasnt done it again yet :confused: have you taken yours to the garage or you goin 2?lets us no wen ya find out wat it is

·
Registered
143 Posts
imm affraid i dont have the time through the week to take my car to a garage, and on weekends i stay up at my dads house, in the middle of nowhere lol. but when my dads off work in a couple of weeks hes gonna lend me his car to go to work in, and get it sorted... so il find out then...

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok.well im just goin to drive it till it gets a lot worse then get it fix but i will try and find out wat it defiantly is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts