Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, so here goes…

I’ve got a 1993 civic EG6 which used to be an ESI (I think that’s a D15) but some where along the line some one put a VTI (B16) lump in it. One of my CV’s went the other day, I ordered a full shaft for a VTI as I thought that would make sense but as you can see from the picture below (see link) they look very different. They are the same length, does any one know if I’ll be able to fit the new shaft in place of the old one obviously leaving out that mount/bearing thing?

Also the car is non-ABS so have ordered non-ABS shaft, after removing the shaft I realised that it used to be an ABS model but it not installed. Will the non-ABS shaft physically fit in the hub alright?

Link for pic of the shafts as below:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43 ... MG0844.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:|] man, i love these robots

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Na, it’s near side (as in UK passenger side). I’m not sure as the swap was done by the previous owner. Seems to have been working fine up until now though! I’m proper confused… o_O

:|]

·
Registered
770 Posts
well the reason i say it should use Vti axles and hubs is that you need Vti axels to fit the tranny.

your new one looks like my d16 axel.

why didnt you just change the boot? did you catch it to late?

try and get hold of the previous owner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason why I’m replacing it is because the engine mount bolts sheered when my mani hit on the ground a bit hard and when the engine got dislodged the CV came out it’s housing and I lost the three bearings on the tripod assembly which can not be purchased separately! Hectic times!

·
Registered
770 Posts
yea i knoe the bearings your on about.

now this will sound silly, but when you ordered it did you do through your reg so they could look up the car and part?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts