Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 Civic SE has done 32,000 miles. When I brought the car 3 months ago, they told me it had, had a new one. But on closer examiniation of the service docs, it appears it hasn't. Would it be advisible to get a new one now, or would i be ok for a bit longer?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm not sure what it should be changed at one these. on 32,000 it should be fine. Most Hondas get done around 75k I think.

Consult your manual and it should tell you.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
When i bought mine the guy that i bought it from told me it was serviced, and it had new cambelt at 58k. I didnt have the service reciepts or the stamps. Turns out it was erviced at honda, so i phoned them up and asked. They stamped my book AND gave me a receipt for the parts and the service.

I thought cambelt was 60k anyways?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just worried about the age of the car, as someone told me that they would advise getting it done, as the car is now 7 years old.

Unfortunately i don't have a manual for this car or service book, as the previous owner died and the garage are still trying to get them from probate.

·
Registered
98 Posts
whenever i buy a new car i get a cambelt put on, your buggered if they go so for the sake of 200 quid get it done.

My moto is trust no one, i bought car in the past had it stamped and a recipet yada yada anyway it snapped not to much longer after i bought it.

If you know someone in the motor trade its not the hardest thing in the world for them to knock up a duff reciept.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
i got mine done very shortly after getting it, along with brakes, oil, air, plugs, tires. even cleaned the car properly (polish and detailing techniques-then protectors and wax) just so i knew it was done!

things to do still are: gearbox oil and coolant. thinking that it will be a good idea to do the lot, i'd get it done for peace of mind. rubber goes off over time, tires crack, even though its a different rubber compound to tires it still goes off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
To right, i thought it was compulsary when you bought a new car to do everything to it, more for the fun side and so it kinda feels more like your own car not the pervious owners.

Maybe im just sad lol

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Would have been a waste of money in my case though af everything was done before i bought it and i got proof that it was. :cool:

I was VERY weary in the past though, especially when i bought my saxo.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
when i did the brakes on my car the pads were falling apart. not dangerously worn from looking with wheels off, but when removing the material came away from the backing in my hands. the discs were really worn! the back calipers were seized. the oil filter was welded on, the sump plug was too tight and the oil that came out was blacker than 12,500 mile old oil from my fiesta! the cabin filter was black! the air filter was black! pretty much not that well serviced for "full service history" on the books. obviously full garage service history is sought after-but im looking after it better than service history can show!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts