Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOME PHOTO'S TO COME PEOPLE HOLD TIGHT AND MY GRAMER AND SPELLING AINT TO GOOD LOL
Write then when i started doing this i wasent sure to turbo or supercharge. Iv done turbo before and fancied sumet a bit different so i thought throttle bodies or itb's for short. The only problem is with a sohc i couldnt find a of the shelf kit or manifold. So i decided to make a manifold and put a set of gsxr itb's on.

The first place i started was ebay got myself a set of gsxr750 itb's for a bargain £60 including postage

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... 227a_1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The next step was build a manifold. I started to make my own then realsied to get the full potential it was gona be best to get 1 made by a company called bogg bros who specalise in custom inlet manifolds. Im glad i did becaus the quility of the manifold is amazing cost me £180 and i think it was well worth it it looks superb. I had the runners welded to the flange dead straight inline with the ports on the head and they bend up very slightly. It is very important the length u have your runners because its how u get your peak power when u want it in you rev range. Iv seen this done and people have them way to short and wonder why they have got no top end power

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... C00290.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... C00291.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I then started to space the itb's so that they matched the manifold. I would advise anybody if they do this to buy itb's that u can space out individualy. The first step was to remove each itb replace the 2 bolts that hold them together with threaded bar seen as the origanal bolts are to short now. The washers i used to space them out are believe it or not spacers for brake pads on a bmx lol.

Now u have to extend the throttle linkage on each itb i was lucky with this becaus ther was just enough thread left to pack the throttle shaft with washers and bolt the linkage back together.

Now for me this was 1 of the hardest job putting a honda throttle position sensor (tps) onto gsxr itbs. How i did this was i took the throttle shaft out of my origanal honda throttle body and cut the part of that moves the tps leaving about a inch of shaft on it. Then i took the end gsxr itb off striped it down got the throttle shaft out and welded the honda 1 to it and put it back together. I got a piece of ally from work and made a round base plate drilled 3 holes in to 1 for the throttle shaft to come through the other 2 to bolt the tps to. The 2 for the tps i made oval so i had some adjustment with it . I used a pieace of ally pipe from work to space the tps so it was sitting nicely on the part that moves it then bolted it together and tested it with a muilty meter to make sure i had the right range
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... ure146.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next was the fuel rail and injectors this was pretty easy 1 because i had already spaced the itbs and 2 the bottom injector rubers fit nicely in the gsxr itb's. On 2 of the itbs ther are holes taped wher the origanal gsxr fuel rail was bolted all i did was measure on the honda rail wher these holes needed to be drilled em out and bolted it together. After i taped a thread on another itb so iv got 3 bolts holding them down Dont do them up to tight i used a nut top and bottom of the rail so not to over tightern as long as u dont get petrol come flying out and no air leaks at the itbs your cool
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... C00174.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26 ... C00175.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought some r1 carb trumpets from ebay for £10 fit like a glove i will be buying a itg filter when funds are better

The pipe that joins the itb's to the manifold is silicon pipe bought 200mm from ebay cut it into 50mm lengths joined it all together on a trial fitting

This next bit is about getting them running with a standard ecu and map sensor

Im running a hondata s300 ecu which has a tps based tuning map itbs dont like map sensors regadless of what people tell you TRUST ME they dont. You can tune them with a map sensor but u have no midrange throttle peformance just flatout foot to the floor performance. Thats not to say u cant get them running with a standard ecu i did it ran ok i bought a vacum manifold and put a pipe coming from each intake runner to it then put the map sensor on that. U need 1 either way to put the servo pipe for your brakes onto it.

Thats enough for tonight finish of tomorow hope it makes sense and some use to every 1

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Yeah dude sure fire up a post

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
sure mate, always fancied trying TB's on something might try them on the H22... will make it a sticky if its a top guide.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Does this increase power or just make it look cool??

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm sure they provide power increases but not sure on figures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the right mods a fair bit more power and they sound the nuts. Spose i better get on with this post then

·
Registered
780 Posts
sounds like a good diy, me and a mate are going to try this next year some time, they produce the most tunnable engine as you can tune it perfectly for certain rev ranges, also with a coupple of different manifolds and trumpets you can turn it into a wicked track toy, just changing them round to suit the track. the next best mod with these (after head work) is to make a 4-1 unequal length manifold (on 1.6 or less) or 4-2-1 on a bigger (K20) engine.

good luck with the work keep us updated!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers mate engines being built as we speak im going to look into the 4-1 manifold i have a 4-2-1 at the mo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers gona put some more pics up soon when i find them lol will show a bit more detail on how to do certain parts of the conversion

-- 30 Oct 2008, 13:56 --

Hi guys been bit busy got some more bits for the project

Got a pipercross filter of ebay for £40 brand new its for a pinto engine with twin 45's

I need to make a new back plate for it so it will fit the spacing and size of my throotle bodies
As u can see in the picture iv made a template

Iv orded some 1.2mm alloy plate to make the new back plate. I think it will look really good once bolted on to the throttle bodies

Iv also respaced the throttle bodies a bit better. I wasent happy with the way that the 2 end tb's sat ther wher not in line with the manifold
This wasent 2 much trouble to do the manifold does go right to th base of the tb's now and they all sit dead straight with the manifold

Now i had a problem my fuel rail didnt fit. I orded some fuel rail from rc engernering. It is priced per inch it has a just over 1/2 inch hole through it but has no holes drilled for the injectors or mountinig brackets. I orded 12inches more than enough. Its gonna be duel fed and have the return in the middle on the bottom. I havent done much on this as i need a pillar drill to do the holes for the injectors i have marked them out and put a small drill mark on each place iv made the mounting brackets taped two m6 holes about 15mm deep in the bottom of the rail then used some chemical metal as glue to hold the m6 studs in, I cut two small pieces of stainless steal 3mm thick two use as the mounting tabs oncd the studs wher dry i bolted the tabs on then cut the studs down

Iv bought some 8mm inside diameter alloy tube to use as the spacing tube from the throttle bodies to the fuel rail

Iv also made the bar to hold my nitrous injectors on these sit in the air horns and the plate will be bolted to the back plate of my air filter

Bit of a pain wher they are because they are inside the filter they have to go ther because they need to be before the fuel injectors so they atomize the fuel this leaves me with a problem iv got two choices here either run the four nitrous lines through the filter or only use it when the filters of lol

I made a improved bracket for the tps sensor

1 - 14 of 14 Posts