Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The sunroof in my 1998 civic hatch is leakin real bad, & i think water's got in the motor coz it doesn't work at all. Checked the fuse, that's fine. Any ideas on how to dismantal the housing to the sunroof to get to the motor & switch etc? Coz havin a look it looks like a sealed unit, & i don't wonna go snapping any plastic!!

Also

The Centeral locking when i use the key fob only occaisionally locks itself. Which i found a bit odd, coz i figured it'd either work or not, not hit & miss like it's doin atm! Doubt it'll be the fob itself coz we get the beep & flashin of the lights every time, was wonderin if it could be wireing or a semi burnt out motor. Oh & when i use the key, both doors always lock without fail.

Any ideas for either problems would be greatfully recieved!

Cheers

Gaz

·
Registered
795 Posts
Your best bet for the sun roof is to have a look around it and see what you can un-screww and see if it helps any (take pics on your phone or something to make sure you know where everything goes back lol)

For the remote locking I presume they'res a sensor/reciever in the car. There may be a fault with that or somethings obstructing the connection between the key fob and reciever. Might be something as little as a bit of dirt on the reciever maybe??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts