Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have recently purchased a civic 2018 1L vtec turbo. I checked the dipstick and the oil level is well past the max line. I have smelled it and doesn’t smell of petrol. (Picture attached)

I know this is common on some 1.5 civics. Anyone have the same issue on the 1L?

thanks
Jag

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I check my oil in my '17 Hatchback, I find it very difficult to see definitively where the oil level is... it's kind of all over the place and doesn't really seem to show a hard line... Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I check my oil in my '17 Hatchback, I find it very difficult to see definitively where the oil level is... it's kind of all over the place and doesn't really seem to show a hard line... Anyone else have this issue?
I own a 2019 1.0 civic and find it difficult to get a consistent reading and it often seems high on the stick! I previously owned a Landrover Evoque diesel and had the same problem. Before you do anything else take the car to another place where you can be sure that the surface is level as some driveways have a gradient to aid water drainage? There is definitely an issue going on with all Euro 6 cars Diesel or petrol and fuel or ash is getting into the oil in the sump. Change the oil as regularly as possible as this will help! My car is still on a Honda service plan so the oil will get changed after 6,000 miles. I hope this is of some help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts