Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody still cant get my rev counter working got a question for ya does any other gauges from different civics work are they the same connections at the back and fittings as my 5 door 1.5 ls vtec heres a pic of the white dials fitted im not touching the fuel or temp gauges just incase i muck them up aswell the pictures dont do them justice as they are a bit blurry i changed the backlight bulbs for some nice blue leds and removed the cover inside for more brightness also put red leds in the back of fuel temp gauges.
[attachment=1:1y7vew29]nighttimedial.jpg[/attachment:1y7vew29]

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
The cluster swap should just be "plug n play". As to the difference in mileage - I believe in some vehicles, when you install a different cluster in the vehicle, the ECU (electronic control unit (car's computer) will change the mileage on the new cluster to what you have on your vehicle. I am unsure if the Civic does this though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your help m8 i ended up removing the rev gauge altogether it was screwed on the back of the cluster with 3 screws so i swapped the rev counter from that one on ebay and kept my own speedo so same mileage and rev counter is working a treat :D ive also learnt a good lesson never mess about with your gauges or needles hehe

cheers

jay

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the UK does rev counter mean the tachometer (engine RPM)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
OK I thought so. I do know that bonnet (UK) is hood (US) and boot (UK) is trunk (US). Still learning UK car lingo (I have been a mechanic here in the US for 20years), my girlfriend is from Ireland so that's how I learned about boot and bonnet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts