Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, lookin to a civic VTI or VTI-S and wanted to know the differences between them? They are both 1.8 and think the engine power is the same, and have been told that the difference is the VTI-S has an LSD, shorter gear ratios, front splitter and only comes in Pirate Black. Is this correct and if not exactly right can anyone let me know the real differences in them?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Differences are.....civic VTi-S (MB6) has over standard VTI
Full lip and sideskirts kit, with deeper front spoiler.
ltd edition vtis alloy gearknob
ltd edition vtis mats
Different alloys to standard vti ones (2 style offered by honda, only available on vtis)
Only ever available in Pirates Black Metallic, although there are loads of red, blue, silver, green MB6's advertised for sale in autotrader etc as "ltd edition vti-s" these are not vti-s.
I was under the impression too that the standard vti didnt have the lsd, only the vti-s, but later found out that lsd wasnt just found in the vtis but all mb6's.

Oh, and I found the site lmao Its http://[email protected] Theres a cracking vti-s for sale on there right this very minute mate! :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one, cheers for the info, very informative. I'm actually lookin at a low mileage VTI and now well chuffed that they both have diffs. Just wonderin how good the diffs are?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah all the above info is correct there are a couple of silver VTI's knocking about with the VTI-S lip kit. Doesnt make them the genuine article! As with any honda, aslong as you regularly change gearbox oil, the diff is good! The VTI can torque steer if ya burn off in 1st then chuck it to second but the diff will prevent you from going in the ditch and its brilliant for pulling ya round bends! Oh and if you find your left wheel stuck in the shit at the side of the road the diff will pull ya right out! haha

·
Registered
19 Posts
hahahah lol lol lol lol
M4RKVTI-S thats so true lol
i have a vtis and its the proper one. main problem i find is that the back end tends to go very sudenly. it has loads of grip and then jus lets go! this is very annouying as i jus upgraded from a peugeot 106 :rolleyes:
but back to subject jus look around for a bit and take your time and you will not need to find the car, the car will find u!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
when looking for a vti-s i saw a low of vti-s in silver aswell as other colours.
Colour wise im pretty sure they were just available in different colours

I know its not that reliable but according to parkers:

VTI-S:

Pearl-Baikal green
Pearl-Cascade green
Pearl-Orleans blue
Pearl-Pirates black
Pearl-Sicilian red

Solid - Carmen red
Solid - Milos white

Metallic -Titan silver

VTI:

Pearl-Atlantic blue
Pearl-Baikal green
Pearl-Cascade green
Pearl-Dakota bronze
Pearl-Nighthawk black
Pearl-Orleans blue
Pearl-Pirates black
Pearl-Sicilian red

Solid - Carmen red
Solid - Milos white
Solid - Taffeta white
Solid - Vesuvio red
Solid-Midnight blue

Metallic -Titan silver

·
Registered
332 Posts
yep just cosmetic, my mate mb6 skips like crazy on the back end too, suspension set up is a bit wank though!

·
Registered
19 Posts
to right buddy!! in the wet the back loves poping out when it feels like. (or it can jus be the tyres lol) i quite like toyo proxes t1-R's, has anyone got any suggestions on tyres?? i have pirelli p6000 on the back and the toyos on the front

:p

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
i used T1r's and thought they were pretty good (on my old EJ9) then changed the Goodyear Eagle F1 GDS3's and the difference was stunning

1 - 13 of 13 Posts