could be speaking to both of us

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
haha, cheers mate, didnt really gun it that much but thanks anyway :D

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Guys, Please do not use hairdryers on thin metal, you'll get the "oil Drum" Effect. Ideally you want to pull the dent out using a dent puller kit. not those ebay ones as they pull the metal out of the shape its supposed to be.. either that or a hammer and dolly, then a shit load of filler.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
i was at a show last yr (pugfest) and there was a guy there doing dent removal, i got to talking to him while he was working on a friends 306 cabriolet, he used a similar kit to the ebay one except it was not a bridge bar more of a ling handle that when pushing the outer sleave the inner bit would pull, hence pulling it to shape. anyhow a dent near to or next to a 90degree fold in the metal will always be a bugger to remove, i know this fist hand as i have a dent on my front wing, just covering the arch flare, to get that pulled i was looking at £300, it would be cheaper to buy a new wing and spary it. problem is due to the compound/radius curvers or something (theres a science bit in there somewhere). i have herd of the heat it then rapidly chill it method, and had considered it, like has been said your not going to make it worse, just watch out it dont split the paint of the right angle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the metal on modern cars is way to thin to be putting heat into, the heat up cool down method may of worked on older cars but modern cars your more likely to just distort the panel even more. there is ways of removing dents called "paint less dent removal" which is pretty self explanatory, but it takes lots of skill todo which makes me think these kits arnt that great.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
PDR is very good, however sometimes the metal stretches when that happens you need to shrink it fast... iv done enough modern jap cars to know this. tbh a puller is the best option. but expensive.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts