Honda Civic Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
there is a kit you can get called the DING KING its around £14 so i got one and to be honest it does nt mare the dent perfect although i got most of it out, its effective and comes with a glue gun with a special wax based glue, there two dart like objects ons round ones oval with a threaded bolt, glue this to the dent then you also get a bridge in the pack this consists of an aluminium black woth two feet and a hole in the centre put this over the dart object add the wing nut and screw it its amazing trust me
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,118 Posts
got a link for us to purchase said device?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
Sure you didn't type in "DONG KING"? lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
sukhylfc said:
I used two hairdryers to remove a big dent and it came out 95% of it :)

This is often a very effective method - well done mate!

Those sets you're looking at are also pretty good, but like you said, wont fully repair it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Yeah i was impressed with the results :) didnt have to buy a new bumper for it in the end, but im on the lookout as i want mine mint for shows in the summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
sukhylfc said:
Yeah i was impressed with the results :) didnt have to buy a new bumper for it in the end, but im on the lookout as i want mine mint for shows in the summer.
if you've got a majority of it out can't you just flat it, skim it with filler and flat it smooth then blend the paint and laquer :) saves buying a new bumper and then having to get it painted anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Has anyone tried like a suction cup like a sink plunger to get a dent out? just a thought... I'll get me coat :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Good find dude. That device is pretty cool too, the freeze spray you get for removing chewing gum is pretty good when used upside down for helping with dents also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
do you think this can work with some dents on a coupe, on the rear wing bit at the top, where it archs around the rear window?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,118 Posts
C_Mcrae said:
do you think this can work with some dents on a coupe, on the rear wing bit at the top, where it archs around the rear window?
think you might have the smae dent in the same place as me!!
I dont see why it couldnt work... plus its not like its going to make it any worse, put it that way
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,385 Posts
Gibbscp said:
C_Mcrae said:
do you think this can work with some dents on a coupe, on the rear wing bit at the top, where it archs around the rear window?
think you might have the smae dent in the same place as me!!
I dont see why it couldnt work... plus its not like its going to make it any worse, put it that way

lol I have one in the same place. Maybe it's a design feature on coupes!! lol

I had a quote to have it removed....get this.......£250!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,118 Posts
^Get T'fuck!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,118 Posts
could be better (and cheaper) just filling and sanding then respray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
haha lol, yeah might be a design fault on coupes, yeah they dont bother me that much, just sometimes the dent reflects in the light and it pi*ses me off lol, i might give it a shot see if it works.
 
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Top