Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Apparently it works with those canisters of Keyboard Duster that you get from Dixons etc, you know the things that look like WD40 with the same sort of long tube for spraying, just give it a few shakes and make sure you spray the area whilst holding the can upside down. 8-|

·
Registered
943 Posts
I know what you mean Gibbscp but there is another video on youtube somewhere showing it being done.

I will try and find it.

Technically speaking however, in theory, like in the video, if you heat up the area with a hairdryer or heat gun and then apply a large lump of ice to it the metal should contract and pull itself out anyway, I'm sure the bags of ice you can buy from the supermarket would work?

·
Registered
42 Posts
just throught id add this i used a spray can to cool chips that didn't have the heat sink on / bolted to a chassis

especial for the amps I made and this stuff would probably do the same job

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasten ... 6/kw/Spray" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

not necessarily the 1 i used but its an example

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
rob_fr33dom said:
I know what you mean Gibbscp but there is another video on youtube somewhere showing it being done.

I will try and find it.

Technically speaking however, in theory, like in the video, if you heat up the area with a hairdryer or heat gun and then apply a large lump of ice to it the metal should contract and pull itself out anyway, I'm sure the bags of ice you can buy from the supermarket would work?
Ive got a heap of those cans at work, i might try n get one and give it a go on my car, but i cant imagine it working as its just blowing compressed air and it wont be that cold.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Gibbscp said:
Ive got a heap of those cans at work, i might try n get one and give it a go on my car, but i cant imagine it working as its just blowing compressed air and it wont be that cold.
Apparently it all counts on holding the can upside down when spraying, it has something to do with whats used in the can to keep it compressed or something like that! :D

Something like this, although it didnt work for him...
[youtube:2audcnhe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnmJBzfboOI[/youtube:2audcnhe]

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Ill give it a go after work and see what happens and let ya'll know how i get on

·
Registered
943 Posts
i'm sure you'd need to heat the area for at least five minutes, i would recommend a hairdryer as i'd imagine a heat gun would be too hot and bubble the paint.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Smooth_CLR said:
[quote="Civic_Vtec":qhk7ilgq]I had a go, i didnt heat the panel first or anything. It just blew ice over the area and dizzolved. The dents remain.

what ice did you use? Dry ice? or regular ice?[/quote:qhk7ilgq]

I used the airduct stuff from my old office. When you spray it for longer than about 10 seconds it freezes the can.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I've got a fist-sized dent on my tailgate/boot just to the side of the number plate. I've never tried to pop out a dent before, but would you reckon it's worth trying to push it through from the inside (removing the interior of the boot/tailgate first)?

It's an '04 Civic Sport...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Toninho said:
I've got a fist-sized dent on my tailgate/boot just to the side of the number plate. I've never tried to pop out a dent before, but would you reckon it's worth trying to push it through from the inside (removing the interior of the boot/tailgate first)?

It's an '04 Civic Sport...
No harm in trying mate thats my moto :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts