Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant decide which coilovers to get. i have 700 pounds to spend maximum altogether for coilovers and fitting costs(wheel alignment and tracking etc). i was looking into some tein super streets without the upper mounts. i was also looking into some fk automotives but have heard a lot of them blow. i really sorry but i am a comp[lete newbie with this stuff. if sum1 could help me that would be great.

·
Registered
770 Posts
D2racing coilovers are great for the money and well within your budget.

coilovers are easy to fit and setup, so spend some of the left over money on tools and start getting kitted out :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
GAZmatic coilovers are good too, had mine on just over 2 months now, and the handling is superb. also try fit them urself, grab a haynes manual, and some tools ur sorted.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i have to agree with clinchy, go with a set of D2's they will set you back around £550 and are great coilovers, i am ordering a set myself as soon as the engine is in and running

FK automotive are ok if you have a nova or corsa, they are just cheap crap hence why they fail often

GAZ also make good suspenion components but i have little knowledge of them so i would put my money on the D2's or K-Sport as they are made by the same company that makes D2's just a different colour and badge but are cheaper

wow i haver when im half cut lol

D2 or K-Sport depending what colour you want lol (D2 = purple K-Sport = orange)

Edit:

forgot to add, for £700 you will get the coilovers and rear LCA's (recommended)

LCA being lower control arms ;)

and get it setup at a good garage with four wheel laser alignment who has done it before, may cost a bit but well worth it

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you want a bit more cash leftover to spend on lca's/tie-bars/strut braces etc I would strongly recommend daiyama coilovers, a little bit cheaper than d2/ksports and trying out d2 previously i'd say the daiyama's were a fair bit better! Better quality and the dampning adjustment is far superior than the d2's as you can actually feel a difference whereas the d2's was hardly noticable on the most extreme settings!
If it's lowness over handling your going for don't bother with the tein superstreets, they are cheap teins and i'm surprised such a highly regarded company has put there name to them. For a bit extra you can get tein flex's which (i may stand corrected) are a world of difference to the superstreets.
Hope this helps and happy motoring :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts