Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've got a flat battery, like properly flat. No lights in the dash and the engine doesn't even try to turn over - the keyless entry doesn't even work!

I haven't left any lights on, nothing. I'm gonna try and jump it tomorrow with my mate's car, hopefully that'll be it, but I've had flat batteries before on my last car and when it was 'flat' it still had some life!

If it is a dead battery, any suggestions as to what could have caused it? I have recently installed a new head unit, but that was a week or so ago and it's been fine up until yesterday when the battery went dead.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nickyboy said:
The head unit, guaranteed. Drawing power from the battery when off. Do you remove the stereo face after driving?
Surely it can't be that though, as I said in the other thread, the head unit resets itself whenever the ignition is turned back on, incidentally I do take out the face of the HU though. It is a rather large coincidence that it's never had any problems until now, but still, I'd have thought it would have done this before now seeing as it was put in over a week ago.

If it is the HU, what can I do to sort it out?

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's sorted now, when I jumped it the interior light was on - like a n00b, haha!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts