Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=1:293oesgc]1.jpg[/attachment:293oesgc]
[attachment=0:293oesgc]2.jpg[/attachment:293oesgc]
The Datsun 240Z is back! This is the car that could point the way to a resurrection of Nissan’s legendary brand, 22 years after the last Datsun-badged model rolled off the production line.

Called the XLink, the four-door, four-seater coupé has been penned to capture the essence of Datsun if the marque was to be relaunched today. It’s the work of design student Benjamin Nawaka, who completed his project at the famous Yulon Nissan Design Centre in Taiwan.

Nawaka claims he drew inspiration for the newcomer’s looks from architecture and aviation, so it follows that the most prominent features are the ‘winglets’ – which are formed by the body panels overlapping the bonnet – and the rear flanks extending over the back screen.

Power comes from a diesel hybrid drivetrain, while there are 380 litres of boot space – s0 the car stays true to the Datsun philosophy of reliability and ease of use. Nissan insists that it’s simply a design concept at the moment, but watch this space to see if the XLink becomes a production reality.

Source: Auto Express

Attachments

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
erm gotta say properly pig ugly what are they doing ?? i think the designer made it at breakfast whilst looking at his kellogs box, sorry dont like. very very mangaesque

im just waiting for it to transform

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Old 240Z is a stunner, absolutely love it. Better even than an E-Type IMHO. So glad this thread's a year old as it indicated that perhaps Nissan saw sense and changed their minds...

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
I did a sex wee.... :surprised:

Looks like it'd eat 427 Cobra's for breakfast :D

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
how on earth can that be affiliated with the 240?!

This is a 4 door, 4 seater coupe. When my boss had his 240 (with 280 engine and triple webbers....drool) in the car park at work it was a proper coupe, nothing like this awful thing.

Its like announcing the return of the NSX and presenting a civic coupe

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I dont think its that bad looking tbh, and does kinda look like a citroen lol, but it think if it had a hope of getting anywhere it shouldnt try to live up to something it isnt!, maybe 780z and not what it isnt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts