Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right iv been away for a while busy gathering parts for my rebuild so far iv got

My throttle bodies have been bored out to 42mm and are now finished ready to go on

ycp p29s 76mm
Had my con rods shotpeened arp rod bolts fitted
Zex 59500 cam
kms retainers and springs
Gas flowed ported polished head
3 angle valve seats cut
bronze guides
oem valves
viton stem seals
cometic head gasket (76mm bore)
acl main and big end bearings
few other odds and sods

I had a few bits allready but iv been tied up with other peoples cars so aint done alot on mine. But its time to pull my finger out my a#se and get it done
ready for the summer

Has anybody here built a d16 using ycp's? Any input/advice would be great im debating getting the block milled 0.40 to bring the pistons to the top of the block as they would sit 0.40 under deck hight this would still give me around 12.25 compression if i left the block but as this isnt my daily drive im thinking about doing it im not even gona put what compression that works out at because its mega hi. I can get 99 octane fuel wher i live which would help and iv found a extremly good tuner

I shall pop a few photos on later tonight or tomorow Cheers people[attachment=9:cnfkk51z]Picture 192.jpg[/attachment:cnfkk51z]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Sounds like a good build you got going on there, only thing with ITBs is that they are so hard to get the mapping right, make sure you get it mapped by someone who really knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics are on here now got some more to do.

Trouble with itbs is you have to get them tuned on a tps based map to get the full potential out of them
this leaves it tuned at one atmospheric pressure (What it was when tuned) as you no longer use the map sensor while driving maybe only idle on some ecu's

·
Registered
39 Posts
when i got my car up and running mate i will bring the parts you wont down, just gives me an excuse 2 cain the new b series and see what she can do lol,

my engine bay was just a good sand down, couple coats of primer, then sprayed it up black, god damn thing took me like 4 weeks to do it

i see you have bin a busy boy, thos ycp pistons you got are exactly the ones i have, dont need them anymore might just use them as ash trays lol

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
d16z6itbnossparky said:
Pics are on here now got some more to do.

Trouble with itbs is you have to get them tuned on a tps based map to get the full potential out of them
this leaves it tuned at one atmospheric pressure (What it was when tuned) as you no longer use the map sensor while driving maybe only idle on some ecu's
How's your build going mate, only just saw this thread!! what sort of power you going for? I've already built a low comp with boost thinking of going high next time :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts