Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,
new here but ive got a 95 civic eg with the d15b7 (but dpfi) in my car also got a crx in the garden and seein as i cant afford to insure the crx im thinking of swappin the d16 into my civic.
im an apprentice at honda so can get most things like manuals, parts etc...
ive been told by one of the trainers at honda that it should be alrite to do but keep the d15 gearbox becuase crx is a cable clutch and civic is hydraulic. the main thing i wanna know about is the power steering pump and bottom pulley i had a look today and realized that i need a different bracket for the pump and a different bottom pulley, i was thinking of an old concerto bracket from a d16 dohc concerto??
most other things should be alrite im hoping as i have the whole crx for bits.
anything else i might have missed ???

cheers Alex.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Why not see if you could use the set-up from an ESi. They have the d16 engine in there so maybe that can help you. Apart from that mate I wouldn't have thought you'll have any problems sorting you seem capable enough

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the d16 in the crx was the only dohc engine coz iv already tried the bracket off the d15 and it dont fit lol.
just not sure wether breaking a perfectly good crx up is the right thing all confusing :confused:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ahh indeed. Maybe the concerto would work then Im not sure mate.

It might be work just waiting till you can afford to insure the rex mate because it'll be a shame to have to see another one off the roads. As much as I'm not a fan of 'em it's still a shame lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh thats wat i was thinking of selling anyway or as rolling shell without the engine that would be good best of both there lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts