Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im mark new here. Iv got a eg civic esi with a d16z6 lump in the process of rebuilding it. Iv got a set of gsxr throttle bodies on a custom made manifold and running direct port nitrous And a hondata s300 ecu 4-2-1 manifold decat made by me exhaust and loads more. I do pretty much all the work myself in a garage with no power lol

Iv spent most of this weekend taking my engine out i was hoping to rebuild it in the car so i took the head of then the sump so i could remove my pistons. All was looking good till number 2 piston came out it is really badly scored so .5 rebore it is. Needless to say i then spent today taking my engine out. Im gona get it rebored and im gona put p29 pistons in which will raise my compresion a fair bit a set of arp rod bolts. might as well have the crank reground seen as its got to come out. Im also gona have my head skimed and the valves reseated hoping to put a zex 59300 cam with zex springs and tretainers. Im gona have the slot on the head wher the injecters used to sit filled in seen as they are on my throttle bodies. As for the throttle bodies im gona do a separate post on how i got these on the car Thanks for looking all the links for the photos and the video are below any input would be great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdAjwnNSIBc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/Picture016.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/Picture144.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/DSC00333.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/DSC00334.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/DSC00338.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/DSC00339.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/DSC00330.jpg
i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/Sparkypayne/DSC00290.jpg

·
Registered
770 Posts
with P29's and a skim your be pushing over 12:1

so what fuel you gona run her on?

P29's will only take a 50 shot of nos i believe aswel.

but welcome dude.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I think you will be OK with Nos and high compression, as long as you use a wet injection kit and if you are going for big shots forged pistons are a must.

Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the s300 ecu is capable of controling the nitrous thats why iv only got dry nitrous setup the s300 retards the ignition and adds the extra fuel really clever bit of kit it will all need dyno time but i live 20 mins drive from cpl racing so gona get them to set it up. I wont be runing more than a 50 shot so should hold together i hope lol. I was gona turbo but iv done that before wanted sumet a bit different. Super unleaded all the way. gona do a post on how i got the itb's on and the inlet manifold. Cheers for the input people

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Sounds good.... I looked in to Nos before I boosted my D16.... what decided it for me in the end was the cost of refills and the agg of getting them filled, but all systems have there drawbacks one way or another.

·
Registered
770 Posts
im going to run S300 on my boosted D16.

what kind of setup are you running CIVIT?

i also looked into a high comp setup but didnt like the power to cost ratio lol.

your need to run a higher oct then pump fuel to get the most out of a tune.

i would personally lowwer the CR abit and deffo run forged internals with a higher shot.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I bought a turbo kit from the states as a base used some bits and not others, I have rebuilt the turbo using Garrett repair kit, the intercooler, wastegate, silicon hoses, charge piping, clips and BOV are quite good quality and I have been running the set up for over a year and a half now and 10,000 miles.

My Engine has: 0.50" Cometic head gasket, 8.4:1 Vitara pistons, chrome rings, floating gudgeon pins (small end), H beam rods with ARP bolts (modified crank cradle), ACL race bearings (main, big end), adjustable FPR, 265cc injectors, K & N filter, boost control valve, Synapse missing link, St Steel braided PTFE lined oil hoses, oil filter adaptor Plate (for Gauges Etc.), new oil & water pump, + lots of other bits and pieces

I have totally used mechanical cheats with no ECU tuning whatsoever, with 10 psi of boost I get about 25 /28 MPG and 0 - 60 in about 6.5 secs and as my engine is a D16Y7 it is a non-VTEC SOHC.

·
Registered
770 Posts
i've just ordered my kit , fuel pump and 525cc from the states, should be here end of this month. im just going to spend the next couple of months buying the extra's.

with a built botton end like that if you had a tune you could run alot more then 10psi, D16 stock sleeves and head can make 350whp+

what rods are you running with the vitara's? custom to bring the CR up to 8:1

next year im going to buy a spare motor and build it, hopefully get it re-sleeved depending on what i can make on pump fuel whp wise.

till then im just gona get my stock motor running 200whp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why are people telling to lower my cr? . Would some body like to explain to me not doubting anybody here but like to here your theory behind your advice. This isnt the first high comp NA motor iv built and in my experience super unleaded and a decent tune works fine

·
Registered
770 Posts
well higher compression requires higher octane fuel to prevent detination unless you tune to compensate in which case your undoing all your work.

lower octane fuel means you have have a lowwer CR.

people have actualy lost power by having a to high CR because they had to knock so much timing out the tune.

i just dont think 97ron will be good enough for 12:1, i would just use some supertech forged 10.5:1 and run 150+ shot of spray.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I've got no probs with high comp.... V8 motor builds with big hits of Nos are usually 15 : 1 ratio.... some times higher!!

As long as you can insure it won't go lean.... should be alright.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers people for the help. going lean shouldnt be a prob getting tuned at cpl racing they are really good honda experts . I hear what u are saying about knocking because somtimes u have to retard the ignition so much to stop it u lose power. Im taking the block to be rebored this weekend hopefully. 1 last thing what brand p29 pistons do u think i should go for been looking at a set of ycp with hastings rings or nippon with hastings rings cheers people

·
Registered
770 Posts
YCP are much better quality, the nippons sometimes come with the face scuffed to hell and chips in the skirt.

OEM rings are fine but seeming how the YCP come with hastings rings if you buy them from FJ distributors might as well.

you going .50 over bore?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yer .50 rebore il get a pic of my number 3 piston it dont look good. I have been looking at FJ distributions but iv emailed them 3 times now and never get a reply lol have u ever bought from them before? I havent orderd anything yet just wonderd what there service was like

·
Registered
770 Posts
ive never ordered from them but ive inquired about the P29's when i was planning a high CR build.

delivery to the UK was $36 through UPS.

i got hold of them through d-series.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Il try again tonight i want to get as much stuff together before it goes to the machine shop save a bit of money. Im putting it together myself. The ycp's are really good price to. Gona get the crank polished to looks alrt to me no marks on it

·
Registered
770 Posts
who's polishing your crank?

just incase you dont know you need to go to a honda specilist to get your crank done because the engine turns over the opposite way from other cars.

have you built an engine before?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes i do no that like i said before CPL RACING do u no who they are? probably the best honda tuners in europe And yes i have built engines before i worked in a rebuild shop for 2 years i built a 180bhp 1.6 8valve nova gsi when i was 18 using a garret t25 on a custom made stainless manifold custom made intercooler that sat in the mouth on the bumper all polished ally boost pipe runnig 12psi mahle low comp pistons arp rod bolts and mains balenced rods ported the head and inlet myself tuned on a emrald ecu.

·
Registered
770 Posts
yea ive heard of CPL and what can do with a K, but also heard of terrors they've done with B's and D's on other forums.

and i was just checking man, lots of people have an idea it's piss easy to strip, machine/customise and re-build an engine for performance without having ever done it before. personally ive only rebuilt to factory specs. next year is my first full performance build.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts