Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does a d15z8 need a different wiring harness to a d15b7? anybody know?

ive just had the z8 deliverd when i asked for the b7, since its newer id sooner pop that in. is it gonna b a struggle?

Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
well the z8 engine is OBD-2 and the chassis and current loom is OBD-1. its going to invole alot of splicing on the engine bay end i would of thought.

you can convert the ECU end with a simple harness, and maybe use the b7 IM on the z8 block for the senors.

why have you swapped the d15b7 for the d15z8? why not swap a d16z6 into it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just wanted a replacement d15b7, the muppets sent the d15z8. just wonderd if it could b done b4 i play F*** with them. paid on tuesday and took them till friday to send it, they only sent it then because i was p'd off.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just wanted a straight swap to get the bugger back on the road :( does the d16 fit with the b7 gearbox?

·
Registered
770 Posts
yep staright bolt on, all d-series boxes are interchangable apart from the DOHC d's.

the d16z6 box has the cloest ratio tho.

you will need a P28 ECU though to run the engine.

and the d16 has an extra 25bhp over the d15 ;)

·
Registered
770 Posts
your jacking the gezzers thread lol, make a new thread about. sure a few people will be able to advise you. but i know you wont be bale to bore the OE sleeves out that much, you will have to stroke it aswell.

anyway make a new thread lol.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the guy felt like a plonker methins. afetr he pulled another motor which wasnt right. tho he spotted it this time b4 it got sent out.

As ive already paid in full they offerd me a b16vtec and all the relevant parts to convert at no extra cost so long as i let them have the bits that come out of mine and the dead d15b7. result. :D :D :D

so guys correct me if im wrong and just to make sure this goes as smoothly as poss il be needing:-

gearbox
ecu
loom
driveshafts
hubs and disks
calipers
exhaust header
engine mounts

obviously the motor too!

Anything else?
Oh i understand il need to add 3 extra leads to the ecu for the vtec?

·
Registered
770 Posts
you want to run an OBD-1 ECU, so you need to rip out the existing loom in your car an replace it with the OBD-2 loom then buy a conversion harness so you can plug the OBD-1 ECU into it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not sure which b16 yet will find out monday morning.

you want to run an OBD-1 ECU, so you need to rip out the existing loom in your car an replace it with the OBD-2 loom then buy a conversion harness so you can plug the OBD-1 ECU into it.
eh??? you lost me if i did that id end up back where i started. its alredy obd1 (d15). maybe what i should have asked is, are the b16 motors obd1 or 2?

·
Registered
770 Posts
if its a b16a2 which it most likely is its OBD-2, you can fit the loom and ECU and it will run, but if you ever want it chipped and mapped you need run OBD-1 ECU which has been pre-chipped with a B16A2 base map ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
got ya, cheers.

so thers no chipping of the obd2 ecu?

Thinkin for now il just get it running on whatever i can...........for now

·
Registered
770 Posts
nope, not at this moment in time.

yea once the b16 is in and running on the OBD-2 system it wont be hard to swap it over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts