Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to the forum, so please help, i have a 1996 d14 civic and in the process of gathering turbo parts for my build in early may.
the main thing i am concerned about is the fueling.
Does anyone know what size the standard injectors are for my D14A4 engine and recommend what size injectors and also fuel pump to use........
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Hello & welcome mate, theres no standard to the Injectors I'm afraid, what power you going for, do you want to use high or low impedence... some people use 310's, 440's 550's, I've got 650's I know someone running 1000's, have a look at this link:-

http://go.mrgasket.com/pdf/DFIFuelInjectors.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuel pumps an easy one Walbro 255 :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks will order a walbro 255, is this an easy thing to install, not really had a look at my fuel pump yet.
i am also looking for about 140 - 160 bhp? is this possible? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol so what injectors would you recomend? 310's? do you also know somewhere i can buy them at a reasonable price along with the fuel pump?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
b00stedD14 said:
ok thanks will order a walbro 255, is this an easy thing to install, not really had a look at my fuel pump yet.
i am also looking for about 140 - 160 bhp? is this possible? :confused:
You wont need that much to achieve that tbh, its only about 40-50 bhp over standard.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
b00stedD14 said:
so EDD would you say to keep the standard injectors and fuel pump then and get a tune
No no, you might be ok using standard fuel pump but run Prelude H22 injectors at least, and yes it will need mapping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:confused: thanks alot i have good mechanical knowledge but bugger all in the noggin about tuning. if i was to ake it somewhere and say tune it, would they be able to do it with the standard ecu? i have no idea so pleae help

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
This is where it gets tricky I have spoken to five or six tuners in the last couple of weeks and got contradictary info from all of them.... they seem to be like builders lol

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Civit said:
This is where it gets tricky I have spoken to five or six tuners in the last couple of weeks and got contradictary info from all of them.... they seem to be like builders lol
Suck their teeth and go 'ooo well its a big job'

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Example, I got Crome now, three tuners had not heard of it and only one of them was willing to have a go, a fourth one said I should pull it out and use Hondata as it was easier for him to tune, the fifth said its crap and full of ignition bugs and I was going to blow up and was doomed.... the last one said Its was alright he supposed, but not his first choice and he has not rung back :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
right i am going to get h22 prelude injectors.but still totally confused about mapping. i had a look on the mapping threads and they confused me further. Is there some one i can contact to clear things up. who is that gotboost bloke?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
b00stedD14 said:
right i am going to get h22 prelude injectors.but still totally confused about mapping. i had a look on the mapping threads and they confused me further. Is there some one i can contact to clear things up. who is that gotboost bloke?
The guys name is Craig and he has someone where in South Wales opening soon. He has mapped clinchys car on here and will probably be doing some work for me soon as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Unless you're going 300bhp plus, the stock fuel pump will be fine.
And as for mapping, run a P28 ecu, socket it and run Neptune or Crome Pro. The boggo Crome is shit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
^^as above, run a P28 chipped ECU, a 255 fuel pump, however im not sure if you will need a resistor pack to run bigger injectors as i had to do so for my B18c4, to run 510cc injectors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts