Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok can anyone help on this please

i have put a b16a engine into my 94 esi shell and was wondering will the ecu from that car start and run the b16, and also what do i do with the map sensor on the throttle bodie as i can not find anywhere 4 it to plug into,

thank you for your time

Edit:

can any body help with this as im stuck now

·
Registered
73 Posts
iam also away to fit a b16 sir engine into a esi so any info would help me out aswell guys

westmidscivic does the esi wiring loom fit the b16? i was told they are the same wiring loom is this true?

cheers

daz

·
Registered
199 Posts
yes the looms are the same but you need the ecu for the b16 i have dun the same swop on my esi lol as for the map senser should go in to the main engine wiring loom show me some pic

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi mate you can start the car on the p28 esi ecu but you can get it chipped to suit the b16, thats what i done when i put a b18c4 into my old civic and got the p28 chipped to suit, saves you the hastle of buying another ecu, plus it can be mapped to suit you and how you want the car set up ie if you were going for boost in the future or building it with cams etc

·
Registered
139 Posts
You should get a p30 ecu for the b16 to run right or like its been said get your p28 chipped.
On your standard engine loom there wont be a plug for the MAP sensor but the wires are there.
You can still use the MAP sensor from the dseries engine but you will need to buy a plug for it then wire it on to your loom.
Also make sure your b16 is obd1, the later b16's from ek civics are obd2, if yours is obd2 then you need to get an obd2 dash loom or conversion harness.

·
Registered
36 Posts
with it being a 94 esi it will be a obd 1 loom, the d series engine has the map sensor on the inlet manifold and its wiring is part of the engine loom, on the b series the map sensor is on the bulkhead next to the fuel filter and its wiring is is part of the body loom that goes to the ecu, what you need to do is to remove the three wires from the connector on the strut turret ( body harness side) and extend the harness along the bulkhead to where the new map sensor will be, its a easy job. Its exactly what i done when i put a b18 into my single point injection eg along with the esi body loom

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats excatly what i have done now thank you people for your help, it also runs better on the p28 aswell so i will just get it remapped when its back on the road,

thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts