Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, does anyone know how hard it is to turbo a d15z6 and weather it would be a bolt on job, or if it would need a lot of work?I am new here and also fairly new to civics but I would like to turbo mine in the future as its a bit diff from the usual engine swap? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
Turboing the Z6 is a piece of piss to do, you can buy off the shelf kits but they not excellent but will do the job easy enough and will see you 200BHP, have a look at my Z6 turbo journal for a quick guide.
My journal is a high spec'd engine but it's give you an idea of what can be achieved from the Z6 engine. You dont need to go as far as ive done but this is my personal choice so i can run bigger BHP and run it save
The main part is getting the car mapped by a reconised tuner so the engine will run properly and blown itself to pieces.
My Build - viewtopic.php?f=60&t=23886

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Try Ricky at Race Tech, off the shelf D Series kit that you just need to add injectors to and a remap which Ricky can do, he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
263 Posts
jimbolina25 said:
running a d15z6 with one of the "better" ebay turbo kits, at around 180hp, stock internals and fuel system etc etc
do you have problems after u have come off boost? problems idling? engine wants to cut out

·
Registered
263 Posts
i had a shite time with the oil lines leaked like a bitch jimbolina u got pics or a link to a thread on ur build so i can have a look and c why mines not running to gd, when i cruise around its fine but as soon as i hit boost engine light comes on and becomes very hesistant

and jimbolina have u remapped ur motor?

·
Registered
141 Posts
i have d15z6 engine and i'm taking mine out and swaping it for a d16z6 then putting together my own turbo kit it's fun i talked to Will at rdt.tv (race dyno tuning) a great help he knows his stuff i talked to a few tuners about the build and by mile RDT was the best the attention to detail on his ek9 turbo and his work is awesome i'll never go to anyone else everyone i've talked to about him has only praise for him legend

·
Registered
1 Posts
If its a genuine Japanese kit being sold what's the problem with eBay? . Is there an actual reason or is it just snobbery/jealousy, because it doesn't cost £2800 +?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ive done a swap to a d16y8 turbo. Iv been told to get a hondata s300 ecu and a wideband lambda sensor. Is there a cheaper alternative for the hondata unit that is still reliable?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi was wondering if I could get some help looking tonturno my 96 ek3 d15z6 as it's different to what everyone else does could anyone point me in the right direction on how to do it and the easiest way to do it many thank

1 - 20 of 20 Posts