Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Theres a creeking sound when i turn the steering wheel. The sound is coming from the front and its p*ssing me off.
Anyone had this problem before? Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
i had this for a while, but it went away.. i found out it was the plastic covering under the steering wheel, it was missing a screw so rubbed the back of the wheel when you turned it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
look on the aforementioned struts (alec's clip) the should be the main shockabsorber strut poking out the middle, this will be the adjuster part you mentioned. inline with this about 1 1/2" to either side of this adjuster should be two bolts that come from underneath the shock, there usually 14mm, make sure these are tight.

if not make sure anything that is connected to the steering is tight, like the tie rod ends, bolts holding the rack onto the car etc etc.

is the noise a clunking sound?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went to the garage today and all he did was greased up the joints and sprayed oil on the joints. Helped a bit but the noise still occurs. What can it be?? >:-( ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have the same noise with mine and i cant figure it out either. i hear mine when i take off in first and second gear and sometimes when im steering. if i go down hard on the accelerator in first or second gear i am guaranteed to hear it but when i build up a bit of speed it goes away.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts