Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve just picked up a cheap N-plate 1.6VTI it`s got a couple of faults,first the passenger door doesn`t lock with either the central lock,key or from the inside,the second is neither the front or rear washers work,checked the fuses and all seems ok.Just clutching at straws that there`s not a common thing that is "oh you just want to reconnect the whats it to the thingy ma jig and it`ll be fine"
Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
When you try your washers can you here a buzzing noise, hav ur engine off and the window down. If you can then there is a blockage or a cut pipe some where...or you havnt got any water in the tank. If you cant then your washer pump isnt working (likly to be the pump they get clogged up with antifreeze and stuff, new ones arnt expensive) but before you buy a new one get a elec tester and test the earth and the live of the plug that goes on to the pump. You will need some one to press the washer button when you test the live. If thats good its your pump, if thats not good then have fun wiring! :D

You can also test the pump by running a wire from ur bat to the live terminal on it. It should then pump water.

If you need a more detailed description of how to change the pump then ask or buy a haynes manual.

The door problem is probs a arm that has broken or fallen off the the lock mech. Thats a guess ive never had that problem, take the inside of the door off and have a look. May be awkward with the door shut tho.

helped?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feed back;
No buzzing from the pump,will test it the weekend,as for the door,we took the panel off,still had the plastic on it so it`s never been off before.It seems like it`s a mechanical promlem in the locking mechanism as all the rods are straight.I`ve sprayed a quality releasing fluid in it but in all honesty I don`t think it`s a corrosion issue as the car is very clean and a total unmolested model still with a Honda battery and Honda tax disc holder!

·
Registered
180 Posts
maybe you have a failed auto-doorlock mechanism maybe? check see if anything has fallen off it or see if you can take it apart i haven't seen a honda one yet so i wouldnt know if you can.
as for the pump i couldn't say it any better then he did :)

when i lock the door with it open it will go down put push right back up as you let go, is yours doing that?
when you use the remote it locks (semi) and unlocks right away or does it not move at all? if it doesnt move you'll need a new one. also clean the connects on the power harness for it mite help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I haven`t made myself clear,the door opens and closes fine, you just can`t lock by anyway shape or form,whether by key,from inside or remote. :confused:

·
Registered
180 Posts
sparkin said:
Maybe I haven`t made myself clear,the door opens and closes fine, you just can`t lock by anyway shape or form,whether by key,from inside or remote. :confused:
Not what i ment, does the pin move at all? either way the thing it could be is the lock mech just behind the handle in the door, they fail sometimes and you won't beable to lock/unlock or sometimes not even move the key

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The door is sorted now :) the releasing fluid did it`s job,surprised me but by lunch time it was working fine.Just got to do the washer
pumps now,got a haynes manual so going to go thru it saturday.
I don`t have a red key for the car and only one black,Honda want nearly £300 for a set of keys and a matching ecu,is there any way of cloning a back key?

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
Haynes manual will do you well, but it does spell everything out so dont follow it to strictly, common sence can save you time and money.

Yea those keys are...unbelievable expensive...BMW versions are cheaper..BMW!!!! If you find a way to clone the black key can you let me know?
Does using red or black key make a difference?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There used to be a place in Norwich what done keys but he`s no longer there(Main Honda dealer told me that :eek: )There are some places online but i haven`t spoken to anyone personally yet.Had some new pirelli 6000 fitted today they have improved the grip no end over the gingsingwingding what were on there :D

Edit:

TC97,I had a black key cloned of my original black key today,cost £25 and took 15mins while I waited,justed walked in,gave them my key and that was that,works perfectly.This is their website http://www.anglia-locksmiths.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TonyCoupe97 said:
YOKOHAMA PRADAS!!!!!!!!!!! mcuh improved grip...and not too expensive either.

snds like a good deal, il have to get mine done.

What do you call not too expensive??

Edit:

Sorted the washers out today,turned out to be both washer pumps had packed in,really surprised how easy it was to get the front off and change the pumps.A trip to the local autoparts store with the offending pumps,10 minutes later of camparing fittings and £21 lighter and mums the word.
So now sorted the washers out,spare key cut,passenger door fixed and remote central locking,so tomorrow it`s going in for a full service and new brakes etc then I can start on it :twisted:

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
well, the cheapy option is £30 a tyre but as with most car related things the skys the limit so pradas are not top money.

Do right well! Yeah, i was sooo suprized how easy it is to remove bumpers and panels...i love honda!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts