Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a honda civic sr vtec coupe and i want to know what the best parts to add would be to enter a corner and come out fast i already think its a well balanced car but i want to improve it right now all parts are standard and would like advice on the best brands of parts to add to my project and keep me on the road will be really greatfull for any help thanks

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The biggest improvement you can make is decent tyres. Followed by poly bushing everything.

Once you have done that then look at a coil over kit and upgrading other suspension components such as strut bars etc.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks very much but what kinda tyre's would u recommend and does the width and size have any part to play?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
What wheels have you got?

I would recommend Toyo TR1s. I use Toyos on everything but then I get them at cost so that would explain why but I have always found them to be very good tyres.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I can't do them for anyone else I am afraid :( I wish I could but the guy who I get them off only gets them for about 3-4 people and I am lucky enough to be one of them!

10x R888s for the CRX please :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Best thing for that is to learn how to enter n exit corners fast, its all about placing the car with the line you take and controlling the acceleration making sure u dont shift the car weight to fast, then start gettin uprated parts like tyres, suspension, anti roll bars....possibly weight reduction if yours serious.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
il go with what your saying edd as ive noticed you give good advice on other topics you have been very helpfull mate cheers and everyone else aswell for your time :p

Edit:

Thought i would post another comment. Ive just bought a koni adjustible suspension kit dont know if they r any good because i didnt do my homwork just that if anyone has ever used them let me know if they are any good plus told 1 of my mates about gettin toyo tr1s and he said they r amazin so thanks 4 the advice on that

·
Registered
220 Posts
hi there civik,

I have also got a civic coupe sr vtec, if u need any advice i'm building my car slowly and surely, next on my list is suspension, for the same reason, better cornering.

I definitely agree with Edd as I had the standard alloys which are 14 x 5.5 with Avon's and I have upgraded to 15 x 6.5 with Yokohama Parada Spec 2's, and the difference is more than you would think!

You can actually take bends with confidence!

whereabouts are you from anyway?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey im from edinburgh im the same slowly building up my civic coupe i bought a set of koni adjustibles a few days ago not had a chance to fit them im buying tyres next would u recommend Yokohama Parada spec 2's il send you the link to the website i got my suspensions from. http://koni-suspension.co.uk/p1357692.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good stuff, I do recommend the Yokohama Parada Spec 2, I think they are very good tyres, and they are also quite inexpensive.

I was also considering the same suspension, but I am going to go with coilovers from BC Racing. Can you post up a pic of your coupe as it stands?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
defo mate il get some pics up soon as. it's also been re-sprayed from green to black in my opinion the best colour on civic's. what are your plans for your civic?

Edit:

pic of civic courtesy of edinburgh traffic wardens
[attachment=0:2i3icy5q]civic takin by a pro (traffic warden 1).JPG[/attachment:2i3icy5q]

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts