Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people, how you all doing? Name's Harry, getting rid of my 1995 e34 5 series this Friday in hope I can PX it for a decent 96-00 Civic 1.5/1.6...though looking at my budget, it's looking like I'll be going for a 1.6i unless I can find a decent 1.5i Vtec by Friday to suit my budget...which including the car, is around a grand... (Yes, I know it isn't much...but have had to spend fortune on remortgaging...!) >:eek:

What could I go for with my budget? I'm looking at something on a trade forecourt so I can PX mine is and put some cash on top...been pining after a Civic for a while as I drove my mates R-reg 1.5i V-tec, loved the way it drove and the v-tec noise. 3:)

What should I look out for, apart form the obvious 'has it been ragged the crap out of'...etc...?

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
IF there is, go for a VTI model, but as they are "wantted" models they will keep there value a bit more. You'll prob be looking at a EG model for your money. If your lucky you might get a EK. Why dont you just sell the beemer??? and use the money from the sale to buy a car?

BTW welcome to the site.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol my BMW ain't worth a lot, probably £500 at most...getting rid of it asap because it's just doing my head in. I don't wanna pay out anymore towards repairs and crap like that.

EG is the 92 - 95 model right...? :)

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Yes thats correct the EG is between those years

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brilliant...

So I'm looking for a Civic EG, Esi 1.6 preferably...

This is going to be fun...lol

Thanks for that...! 8-|

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
nae probs dude, you can normaly find quite a few on autotrader. There is also a VTI model, but your going to pay BIG bucks for one of those

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Nicky...

Gibbs...yeah, I'm gonna get a esi/lsi for now, save up a bit more and hopefully by November/December I'll get myself a decent Vti, or an SiR Import...

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Trust me dude, when you get a VTI you'll NEVER want to get rid of it!!! I know i be with mine. I'll be holding on to mine forever..... Hopefully. But it does make buying my next car a bit more expensive >:-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts