Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering if anyone knows where to find the color code on my 96, silver civic.
there is one written in my service manual but when I gave this to the spray shop I ended up with the wrong color paint,now I have a perfect square of grey on my bumper.
just wanted to know if the code in my manual is right or if I got screwed over!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Forget the code on your manual, you don't know if that is for your specific car. The correct one will be on the edge of your passenger door. Open the door and where the large latch that connects it is, should be just above or below that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers alec!!
the code is the same in the manual as on the car, so why is the color so ridicoulously off!!
I think I'll just leave it to a professional sprayer I'm already worn out thinking about it, but thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i thought so but when you actually see the colour difference you'll see why im a bit suspicious >:-(

anyway thanks again mate!
p.s got qouted 280 for just spraying my bumpers!

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
He knows where it is plummo_vtec.

kiedistidus, that's about right for a well finished spray job. Is that including your side skirts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no just the bumpers but my mates dad said he'll do it for £240, so once i get my holiday out the way my car is having some serious work done!
as for the color code it was useless ive been to 5 different places to try and get it matched all failed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts