Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying me a cold air intake... or possibly just a ram intake. Anyone who has one, tell me, can you feel the difference? No doubt the engine sounds more raspy, but I'm eager to up my power even if it is small margins...

Advice would be ace, guys, as I'm a rookie and only know basic stats!! I'm a fast learner so any pointers shall be absorbed by my sponge like brain. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers fellas.

Thanks for the tips. Time do some major browsing! Ebay saves the day yet again.

(stug45, my friend I'm a VTEC virgin - I've an EJ2)

- Some day, I suppose.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
vtec came around in the form of my moms v reg honda accord se executive
140hp from a 2 litre mated to a 4 speed auto box.

dont think the vtec did anything but improve economy.
then came my dads green accord type v with the same engine and gearbox. but was leased so i was shown the rev limiter and how an auto box doesnt wheelspin and how to thrash a car u dont acutally own!

my moms car did 140k before the gearbox started leaking oil so we got rid of it and got a 1.7 ej3??? civic coupe 2002 1.7 auto.
then my bro got an ep3 then my uncle got a jazz then my parents got a jazz and now i have my own vtec!!!

you will love it when u get one!

·
Premium Member
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stug45 said:
my moms car did 140k before the gearbox started leaking oil so we got rid of it and got a 1.7 ej3??? civic coupe 2002 1.7 auto.
then my bro got an ep3 then my uncle got a jazz then my parents got a jazz and now i have my own vtec!!!

you will love it when u get one!
Your parents house must be honda city at Christmas! :p

Well I suppose if I had tried one, I'd know what I was missing out on... thus jumping off a bridge or something. So I think it's a good thing I haven't just yet haha....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Vtec's great :)

My first VTEC experience was in a Honda del sol. I'd brought the car for it's looks and drove it away from the garage feeling like a million dollars. I had absolutley no idea what VTEC was at this point so you can imagine what happened the first time i put my foot down hahaha (new pants please!)

A few years later i was lucky enough to own an Integra type-R which i sold to start JP4mance. When things picked up again i got an impreza, rolled it and went back to the Integra again.

Hang in there guys, save hard coz they are worth every penny and every smile Honda intended them to produce :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts