Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I noticed the intake pipe to the standard air box is situated behind the battery, now I'm assuming even though this may be coldest place in engine that it will still be taking in a fair bit of hot air. Had a think about this and wondered if I could run a new piece of tube from behind where the fogs should be up into my airbox instead to get more cold air in? Seen someone do it on a mk6 Fiesta and they said it helped

Cheers
Shane.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EP2 Civic sport

·
Registered
24 Posts
been thinking that myself, but if you look closely, there is an opening to the fender/edge of the bumper where it pumps in fresh air i think... :) Has anybody taken off the resonator and run an extended tube from the back of the battery to the standard airbox? Does it help the air feed/temp or is it no use?

·
Registered
668 Posts
cavekas said:
been thinking that myself, but if you look closely, there is an opening to the fender/edge of the bumper where it pumps in fresh air i think... :) Has anybody taken off the resonator and run an extended tube from the back of the battery to the standard airbox? Does it help the air feed/temp or is it no use?
yeah i have done that tnight, it has made it sound better, and maybe gonna improve other things...i would say that maybe its going to improve mpg (i have my theories but darent say them cos i will probably get attacked haha lol ) and a TINY increase in power. and did i mention it sounds better? :cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, thanks for the intel, I think i will go ahed with that...i hope my theory is also right that if the air travels almost directly to airbox it will be colder than the air which is circulated and "trapped" in the resonator box for some time....will see :p Well, the sound improvement is a bonus, a better throttle response should be the real cherry of the cake I hope :mrgreen: :cool:

·
Registered
668 Posts
ok fans i will take a pics

Edit:

right, well basically i removed the air resonator, then replaced it with this aluminium tubing. placed it over the standard inlet tube (the rubber because this gave tight fit.) then with the air cleaner side i removed the rubber insert bit and place the tubing through the hole, i then folded the tubing back on the cleaner and replaced the rubber insert to give a nice tight fit to stop any air getting in other than from the tube!

the haynes manual shows you really easily how to remove the resonator and stuff, but if you need i can try n put a more detailed description up.
really easy to do.....

:D

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
if ya need any help mate you will have give me a text, cos im going nottingham see ma mrs this weekend...its best to take air cleaner off aswell, which involves a jubilee clip around the back being undone, and unclip air temp sensor on side of air cleaner. then bolts n stuff.
if ya get stuck like i say give me a ring or a text no probs!
Good luck pal :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
nice to have some pics as a guide, thanks a bunch man!!! ;) Now I have to get my paws on some tubing of the correct dimensions :mrgreen:

·
Registered
94 Posts
so what exactly is the point of the resinator box? i mite do this but run a pipe to my front grill as i have the mugen grill to get even better air flow. Then stick a K+N panel filter in there see if that helps.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Habel said:
so what exactly is the point of the resinator box? i mite do this but run a pipe to my front grill as i have the mugen grill to get even better air flow. Then stick a K+N panel filter in there see if that helps.
do it, should be alrite

·
Registered
668 Posts
well i would guess so habel, in the resontor all it is is like a maze, id definately say it slows the air down....
and im pretty sure i noticed a difference in response when i did it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts