Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 93 civic DX eg6 for 600quid, needs a new clutch, wondering where the best place is to buy one and how much should i spend on one, as i havent a clue!!

thanks

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Cheapest way would be to source yourself a clutch from a supplier, ideally you'll want to replace the flywheel at the same time, or at take it to an engineers to balance it, and then fit it all yourself, depends how mechanically minded you are tho,

·
Registered
83 Posts
replace the flywheel with a lightened one :p
give u a lil bit more acceleration as the engines power is used to turn the wheels at the car, instead of a big heavy flywheel!

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
Loose the torque tho as the lighter fly wheel doesn't carry the same inertia or centrifugal force.

·
Registered
83 Posts
haha true! buut torque is replaced by lower down power, which in theory isnt as good but your car will pack more of a punch, only you would have to rev a little more.
And yeah i think a 1.3 has over 1Foot-Ounce of torque :p:p:p

·
Registered
12,742 Posts
vtifan said:
Effi said:
Loose the torque tho as the lighter fly wheel doesn't carry the same inertia or centrifugal force.
what a 1.3 has torque ? lol
Either way its a 1.3...not worth paying for a lightened fly wheel. For the price you;d pay for a new clutch and lightened fly wheel you may as well buy a D16 and drop that in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts