Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 1.6 Civic Tourer, with around 39k miles on the clock and it has started with an annoying problem.

In the last few weeks the car "shudders" when you set off in 1st gear.

My commute to work is around 6 miles, and by around hal way the shudder has gone.

It seems to be getting worse as the morning's get colder / wetter.

I am very wary of giving the car to a garage and they instantly suggest a very expensive clutch swap.

I have Googled the fault, and there are numerous suggestions but no crystal clear answer.

I was hoping that someone on here might have some ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem, did you find any solutions for it ? I was thinking to try and change the clutch fluid

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't spoken to a garage.

The general consensus seems to be that the problem is caused by condensation, which burns off as you get the car warmed up.

I swapped messages with a bloke on a different forum, that said Honda know of the fault and replaced his clutch and flywheel (under warranty), but 12 months later the problem was back. He now has the same issue on a Vauxhall.

I have seen similar posts in other places, that say that some Honda garages will swap out the parts with no hassle (assuming your car is under warranty), and others that get short shrift and told "no fault".

My car is out of warranty and a new clutch and flywheel could run to £2k, not sure I like the car enough to layout that kind of money for a possible fix.

If I get any further replies I will pass on the information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I'd semi solved the problem by putting the car i ECO mode.

It's slightly better, but the last few damp days have really hammered home how annoying the problem is.

The car is in at Honda for a recall, and I will ask at the Service Desk to see if Honda have acknowledged the issue.

I don't expect to get very far.

I have had the car for 11 months, and I would quite happily get rid of it based solely on this fault.

Hard to comprehend how they can have such a fundamental problem engineered into the vehicle.

I also have the same issue on my 2015 plate 1.6 dtrc tourer

1 - 6 of 6 Posts