Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: Oh after doing a little bit of googling...I just wanna check that it is the clutch release bearing. Basically I can hear a noise (a kind of rumbling) when the car is idling in neutral however when I press the clutch pedal down to disengage the clutch the noise goes away, it also goes away after the car has warmed up a bit aswell. Is it definately the clutch release bearing??

Right then a quick question for the qualified mechanics among you!! (paul this could be a good one for ya mate)

Seeing as it doesn't look like I'm getting anywhere selling my car I'm gonna fix it up first...so the clutch release bearing needs replacing. I can't seem to find any specifically for the D16Z6 engine, will a B Series bearing fit?? Or is there any other series bearing that will fit??

Any help cheers guys!!

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Right clutch release bearing normally make a noise when you press the clutch down as this is when the bearing works hard all thou may make a slight noise all the time as the bearing is always in slight contact with the release fingers, a noise that goes away when you press the clutch down is gearbox related as you are disconnecting the box from the engine and stopping it turning.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it does make a noise when I'm travelling and I change gear, as I press the pedal down it sounds as if something is spinning after the clutch has dis-engaged. If its not the release bearing do you have any idea what it could be paul??

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When its idling its like a rumbling sound then when I press the pedal down to put it in 1st it changes gear, if I just put the pedal down a little bit not all the way it does change pitch, then as I'm driving along and I'm changing up through the gears each time I press the pedal down its sounding like theres something spinning afterwards.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Paul and thanks hussain for that link I'm sure that'll come in handy :p

So as regards to the 1st question...would a B-Series bearing fit on a D-Series?? Also where would I be able to get one?? I found a Spoon performance item on FUnky Power but its for a B-Series and it costs about £70 delivered. I don't really need that I just need a new one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts