Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. my clutch has started to slip when accelerating hard and ive been to the garage and ive been quoted £345 to get it fixed, £165+vat is for 5hours labour and the rest for the clutch kit. does that price sound rite??
ive got a 1997 civic 1.5 vtec e. ive had a look on ebay and ive found this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-1-4-1 ... 240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is this the only part that i need? im not sure what else they would have replaced in the garage cos they said clutch kit. is there anyway i could make the clutch ive got in it last a bit longer?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Err no. Go to a smaller garage, make sure they use clutch aligning tool and babble on about the credit crunch, they will probs be low on business so cheaper. Other than that, try yourself. Get a Haynes and learn. You will feel so much better and pub talk rules ..... " OH yeah yesterday I just lobbed a new clutch in on the Honda...what was that , yeah I'll fit you car with one if you want it'll cost ya mind, I charge £xxx amount" ;) :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dnt think id be able to manage:p id probably just get pissd off and make things worse. is there anything i can do as a temporary fix? like adjust something?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
DM-Racing said:
Err no. Go to a smaller garage, make sure they use clutch aligning tool and babble on about the credit crunch, they will probs be low on business so cheaper.
i like your theory on the smaller garages getting quiet because of the credit crunch , if there any good it works the other way because people cant afford new cars so there keeping the older ones ,
and older cars need a little more love and attention so if anything they should be a little more busy .
and his quote is 33pounds an hour + vat aint over the top either.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmm Paul, playing devils advocate here, people are stupid who buy new cars so they would rather pay a main dealer than eat for the rest of the month. Residual value does not appear in their vocabulary :mrgreen:

Either way Mr.OP, buy that one off ebay and get a garage to fit it. Barter on price, say you are part of a forum/group who will bring them more business if they keep the cost down ;) Needs must and all that

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh could do that. ive got the car for sale at the mo and its annoying that i have to spend on it:( already had to buy a new exhaust for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts