Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a new engine in my car and am nt sure if the clutch is workin, but i can put the car onda ground to check cuz av still to put new calipers on the front so its up in axle stands just now, but whn i start it the car will go into gear without putting in the clutch whn in the air should it do this????? and it dont grind

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
does it spin the wheels ?
if so the car is off the ground (ie no load) it will go into gear with no load on the wheels as the syncromesh will spin up and do its job this will allow the box to engage any gear but reverse with the engine running(there is no synchro on most reverse gears but not all)
does it disengage with the clutch?

you can drive a car with no clutch if you time the gearing right and take load off the drive train with the throttle its easy with practise.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it goes in and out of gear with the clutch aswell but i put the disc pad and fukd caliper on one side and i cldnt turn the disc by hand so i tho if i startd it and put it into gear and gave it a rev it mite turn but it didnt but the other side did and it had no brakes on it and i think it goes in reverse dnt no if av tryd it lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok hopefully it aint gone the av had 2 replace so much stuff its unreal lol and she mint aswell lol, if the front calipers r siezed u think the is a gd chance the bk one's r 2? :'(

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great lol a dnt think there is much that aint been replaced lol whn i cum to sell sum1 is goin 2 get a bargin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I bought my eg5 a few months ago had it for 3 weeks and the bottom end went :( and I found another engine with 79,000miles was an automatic so its never seen a limiter and probably not been thrashed so should be a strong engine, and a week after getting the engine I got paid off so I have a lack of funds for the car but am just back in work now but I got a mate to do the work as a homer so far cheaper than a garage!, but if something needs replaced I've bought it so no half measures lol 8-|

1 - 11 of 11 Posts