Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a question about a 1999 Aerodeck. When I drive in the dark with my lights on the clock is not illuminated and I can't see what the time is.

Is the clock supposed to light up when I switch on the lights?

If it is supposed to, then what do I need to do to get the bulb out the back of the clock?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
yea the backlights most likely blown on it!!

try use sumthing a little finer than a screwdriver though as alot of the plastics around the dash seem to break easily and leave u with nice

big screw driver dents all over the place!! my car has some lovely ones around the cd player from some idiot :cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok - thanks for the help. I'll take a look at it tonight.

Edit:

I was at the Honda stealer for another matter and asked the guy about this problem. I'll include it here for the record.

He said that for my car, the official method of clock bulb removal requires centre console removal first. This makes a small job become out of proportion just to change a clock bulb. Levering the clock out of the fascia would be unsuccessful as the clock is secured from behind by screws and you'd get loads of screwdriver marks all over that area.

He told me about an option for those with small hands which would avoid this nonsense. Take out the radio and radio cage. Then go through the gap with your hand to reach round the back of the clock to unscrew the bulb. (I couldn't do this but the girlfriend could and am very happy with the result.)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts