Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Going to view a VTi-S on Friday afternoon (with the cash ready), so hopefully if it's a nice example, I'll be taking it away.

I'm all about the non-turbo performance at the moment, ever since my 2 write-offs this year, and I've one or two basic questions about this car, if that's OK.

I realise these are the kind of questions that frustrate regular forum users who see the same stuff every week, BUT, with so many Civic models and trim options available, I would love to know a bit more about the car I'm buying into.

So far I've gathered that the 2000 plate VTi-S I'm going for is an MB6 chassis, right? It's only available in Pirate Black and I believe production was limited. I've heard that the 1.6 VTi-S (3-door variant) was produced in a line of 200 cars. Is the same true for the 1.8?

Also, what engine is in the 1.8? I've a feeling it's a B16C2, but forgive me if I'm wildly wrong. I have done a few forum searches and tried my luck with Google, but I'm yet to stumble upon the mecca of 6th gen Civic advice.

What I do know is that I've got a few aesthetic and performance mods lined up for early next year. To add to my final "look" of the car, I'd love to know whether a wide-arched or flared bodykit is available anywhere for the MB6? I've found a few tasteful bodykits for sale online, but I'm a sucker for a low and wide car, (aren't we all?).

Anyway... a little advice would be very much appreciated. As with any forum I've joined for cars, I do try give as much as I take and as I pick-up knowledge, I'm happy to pass it on! I'm not here to just fire questions and vanish until my next sticky handbrake or irritating knock/rattle.

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey i just bought one of these to not to up on them yet, but yes it is an MB6 chassis

The engine code is B18c4 which is a de-tunned integra engine.

As for the body kit i have no idea lol the standard kit looks best imo so i wouldn't change it. Lowering the car though makes it look so much better on its own imo the flared arches etc aint necessary to make it look cool

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. Wasn't aware it had an LSD.

When you say de-tuned, Alan. Do you mean the usual stuff? Compression ratio? Stroke/bore differences? Or is it the map applied to the ECU?

I'm eager to bring it to Integra performance :p Funnily enough! Heh.

·
Registered
98 Posts
not sure to be honest, i know it has a different head, different inlet manifold, think the compression is higher on the integra and the gearbox is different also good swap so i have been told though to put the integra gear box on the civic. Better that than body kits imo.

Someone will fill in cause i know next to bugger all about the cars yet either.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ive got a b18c4 goin in my civic next week, its basicaly a puppy integra engine, with the most potential for high boosting purposes.

I know people with Teggy's that have got rid of their b18c1/c6's for a b18c4, dont know exactly why but apparently its a kick ass engine to tune!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello guys.

As some of you may be aware, I bought this car in the end.

I've one or two questions, if possible. I did ask them in another thread, but it didn't get a response.

I've got rear-parking sensors. I assume these were an optional extra, right? Also, what is the single most effective mod, for upping the power of the car? Turbos and super-chargers aside. Would a VTEC controller be a good bet, or a new/remapped ECU?

Thanks all :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Theres a few from what i can gather, but as with all cars i would start with the breathing mods first. The inlet manifold is restrictive as hell, When cash allows ill be going new Inlet Manilfold, new exhaust manifold 2.5" exhaust with decat and then a remap with crome hoping to see maybe another 15-20hp after the remap. We shall see. thats if i dont go with a blower anyway.

A simple tune up will help to, i replaced my spark plugs today as the car was overfueling like crazy, the old ones were knackered and the cars driveablity is noticeably better for smoother and not so unresponsive at low speeds. Mine had been sat a year though but always good idea to give them a service after you buy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts