Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the ideal compression ratio for if i wanted to safely run a turbo b16a2.could i just use a thicker headgasket or a full foged rebuild.And also will pistons for all the b18 series work on all the engines .thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
you can turbo your stock block, just thow some ARP studs in and buy quality parts.

you should make 250bhp no problems.

if your going to forge i would iether keep youe stock CR or even bump it up a point or two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help mate nt doubtin your skills or knowhow at all but i was always told and read up that if want to run a turbo on any engine its best to lower the compression ratio to put less strain on the engine.How cum you would up the comp?? and i ve seen my mates 1.8vti turbo blow a headgasket and now a rocker cover gasket and a piston ring and he was running .4 bar boost with stock internals which is makin me think twice bout just bolting a turbo straight on.sz also ment to put b18c4 instead of b16a2 in my first post.Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
lowwer CR will affect your spool times, if your going to build a forged engine and you use quality components and have a GOOD tune you wont have a problem.

did he have a set of ARP studs or a new OEM head gasket? who tuned the car?

mu tuner has a b16a2 all stock internals running 343bhp, hes a site trader "gotboost tuning" look him up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats mad ive always thought the opposite.il trust you on this cuz u obioulsy no wat your on a bout.Im not sure on the head bolts and gasket but noing him id say he didnt .he had the car for a year n didnt even give it a service!Ive bin lookin for parts for the rebuild and have seen a few bits but would like some advice of someone who noes wats best to be putin in.ill be needin rods and pistons whivh ones would you recomend and what cr for a 1.8vti.wat about a crank ,cams ,springs.basically any help would be appreciated as i want to get the bits asap n get startd on the rebuild.thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
well im more of a D series kinda guy so im not to good with my built B's. look at:

golden eagle rods
JE or arias pistons
crower turbo cams
crower springs/retainers

as for the crank, in D series engine thier fine to use and ive seen people putting down 500bhp+ on them so might be the same for B's.

your also going to need a set of injectors, fuel pump, full set of gauges, all the turbo hardware ect. its a pretty big list.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help mate.have bin looking around the internet the traders section and recommended sites and cant find a web site that i can get the parts you mentiond from.Have you got any sites to get these from.thanks

·
Registered
148 Posts
If your building a B series block for boost then you are going to want to lower compression, around 9:1 would be suitable for most applications. Some of the D series are around 9:1 as standard with the OEM cast pistons, B16 is around 10.2:1.

Your mate that keeps blowing headgaskets on a oem block needs a good tune and some ARP headstuds as Luke mentioned.

OEM B16 engine can make 300bhp with decent reliability and quality components.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts