Honda Civic Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Honda Civic ES 2.2 Dtec
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning all,

I have just purchased a MK9 Civic ES , I am fairly happy with the level of equipment , however there is one thing I would like to find a way to add is DAB Audio.

Has anyone here found an easy and cost effective way to add DAB to the radio ? I have seen many units such as DAB pure highway , smartdab etc but was hoping to hear from someone who had successfully installed a unit and was happy with it's usability,

Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good Morning all,

I have just purchased a MK9 Civic ES , I am fairly happy with the level of equipment , however there is one thing I would like to find a way to add is DAB Audio.

Has anyone here found an easy and cost effective way to add DAB to the radio ? I have seen many units such as DAB pure highway , smartdab etc but was hoping to hear from someone who had successfully installed a unit and was happy with it's usability,

Many thanks in advance
Do you have the Sat Nav screen head unit? If so you should be able to get a DAB receiver to plug into the back of this and run the aerial up the nearside A pillar behind the airbag therein (with suitable precautions). If you have the cheapo head unit, you could run an aerial up the same route or to the rear screen on the hatch via the cable run that goes up the driver's (right hand) side rear wing.

The issue with this is, what DAB unit to buy, where to mount it, where to pick up power? The mk9 dash doesn't lend itself to this.i'll be interested in your solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Bryan , I have the sat nav unit , I was contemplating something like a Pure Highway 400 In-Car DAB+/DAB , probably mount display on the section to the right of the sat nav screen , it doesn't matter too much if it isn't clearly visible as once tuned in I don't usually chop and change channels that much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have the sat Nav unit I believe you can get a DAB receiver unit that mounts behind it inside the dash, plugs into it from there and operates through the existing controls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the sat Nav unit I believe you can get a DAB receiver unit that mounts behind it inside the dash, plugs into it from there and operates through the existing controls.
That would be perfect , do you have any more info ? cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update on this , does anyone know if you can swap a Honda sat nav , touch screen unit for a non nav , dab unit , car is 2012

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts