Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have a Civic MK8 2007, and I was wondering if there’s any way to retain the clock screen display with an aftermarket stereo. I have recently installed a Sony XAV-AX 1000 head unit in my car, and it works like a charm. After this, I decided to play around with the wiring, and after an hour of thinking, I have managed to connect and map all the steering wheel buttons I need (without the need of connects2 kit, I can explain this in more details if anyone’s willing to know). Now, I am planning on making the dashboard screen to work too. I know connects2 provides some integration kits, but i don’t really believe it’s worth £60 just to change the time and date on the screen possibly for once every year - matter of opinion really. Will the screen light up if I wire the unit to the 12v ignition switch? And is there any workaround to just be able to set time and date and leave it as it is without this integration kit? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I quickly scanned through your question and was ready to say you need the connects2 steering adapter. But am impressed you got steering controls to work without it. The connects2 steering interface as you say allows you to change time using the steering buttons. But I was lead to believe that you need this in order to carry on using the heater controls too. When you got the fascia adapter and wiring harness was this from connects2? As although you can buy these sections separately, in my opinion getting the complete installation kit is the simplest solution. Although I think some Sony and Kenwood units have their own specific harness kits. But when I had mine fitted. The volume and tracks could be changed from the steering wheel, but if you changed from Bluetooth MP3 to radio the volume wouldnt always change. Sometimes if you went to radio and then adjusted volume from the headunit and then quickly used steering volume it may get it to work but it was like it’d get confused. The guy who installed mine, said it’s rare for them to intermittently work, they’d just fail completely and said the steering wheel spring set (think that’s what it’s called) maybe worn down, but that’s also affect it on factory stereo. But connects2 said if you don’t connect in a certain order if either defaults to a stereo without remote settings or Blaupunkt mode. Your Sony must have some flexible software that easily integrates with various remote steering controllers. If you have problems maybe disconnecting the power for about 30seconds May reset it. That’s what connects2 recommend if you can’t get things working with their interface.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also though, with the connects2 although it allows clock to be changed. But he time doesn’t display l, it just says Honda Civic. It may do if headunit is switched off though. But pretty sure this is what connects2 have programmed the interface to do, as on (I think) newer generations, it displays a pic of their company logo.

·
Registered
Mk8 civic 2.2
1 Posts
Hi.
I have a Civic MK8 2007, and I was wondering if there’s any way to retain the clock screen display with an aftermarket stereo. I have recently installed a Sony XAV-AX 1000 head unit in my car, and it works like a charm. After this, I decided to play around with the wiring, and after an hour of thinking, I have managed to connect and map all the steering wheel buttons I need (without the need of connects2 kit, I can explain this in more details if anyone’s willing to know). Now, I am planning on making the dashboard screen to work too. I know connects2 provides some integration kits, but i don’t really believe it’s worth £60 just to change the time and date on the screen possibly for once every year - matter of opinion really. Will the screen light up if I wire the unit to the 12v ignition switch? And is there any workaround to just be able to set time and date and leave it as it is without this integration kit? Thank you in advance.
Hey. Wouod be interested to know how you got the steering wheel controls to work without the connects2 please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts