Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Tried to start up this morning and wont shift out of Neutral. Seemed to still start but wont change from N in the dashboard display . Just tried it again and the N has now been replaced with what looks like a number 8 .. rang the dealer as it has 21 days warranty for engine and mechanical failure. Its an s reg and has done 145000 ... be very greatfull for any advice ... I'm hating that this is my first post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As stupid as this will sound my dad had something similar on a Nissan juke, believe it or not the Nissan garage he bought it from brand new gave him the car back after a week investigation the issue and they told him its due to the freezing weather and it will sort itself once the sun warms the car :O

This does of course work once the frost has melted from the car it would work fine, it did not however stop him from sending the car back and getting a manual audi instead.

id say try it in the middle of the day just incase.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As stupid as this will sound my dad had something similar on a Nissan juke, believe it or not the Nissan garage he bought it from brand new gave him the car back after a week investigation the issue and they told him its due to the freezing weather and it will sort itself once the sun warms the car :O

This does of course work once the frost has melted from the car it would work fine, it did not however stop him from sending the car back and getting a manual audi instead.

id say try it in the middle of the day just incase.......
Hi, thanks for the reply, it turned out to be a knackered clutch actuator. Had it done today by a guy who knows his stuff. Honda charge nearly £2000, i paid £380 and that was including mileage costs for travelling. Did it on my drive in 4 hours or so ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey exsquaddie0813, I am glad you managed to sort it out cheaply, where is this dude based in case I need him :)

btw, since we both have i shift, I want to ask you, does yours jerk when you are pulling of if you dont press the gas hard? mine start to jerk like a manual car on the verge of stalling, and it makes it very difficult parking or just being in traffic where I want to just move a little bit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, yes i know what your referring to, its like the gearbox is trying to find a gear, then suddenly jolts forward and the same in reverse. As far as i know its perfectly normal and just takes getting used to. The guy who fixed mine works out of Northampton and did a good job. He's on here actually, his username is automobiluk. Hope you never need him, but the clutch actuators are common problems on the ishift and honda charge a fortune to fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for the info, I live in Sheffield so he is not that far from me, well at least I consider 100 miles not far :) I have been driving my civic for 5 months now but still I am not used to this taking off, most of the time if I can I give lots of power its ok, but when I am sitting in traffic and moving slowly is a nightmare.. most of the time jerking (and not the nice kind :lol: ) the same problem parallel parking when I need little gas for forward and backward to get the car in a tight spot..

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, I'm in sheffield too, he only charged £60 for his travel costs so paid £380 in all. Ishift just takes some getting used to ☺

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, thanks for the reply, it turned out to be a knackered clutch actuator. Had it done today by a guy who knows his stuff. Honda charge nearly £2000, i paid £380 and that was including mileage costs for travelling. Did it on my drive in 4 hours or so ..
Have you got this guy's name and number I have a similar problem cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts