Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mite be picking up a 5 door hatchback civic tomorrow. I believe this is called the MB3. Its the 1590cc engine. 1997 N-reg.

Anyone got any ideas as to which engine it will be? Code?? what power do they make?

How hard is it gona be to get suspension for one of these models?? Or do they use the same suspension as the other models in the range etc?? Any good websites for parts?? (aside from ebay).

Thanks in advance guys, im proper lookin forward to looking at this car!

Joe

·
Registered
680 Posts
If it the mb3 then the engine will be 1.5 (1490cc) which produces 115 bhp. There is some people on here who know mre about them, hopefully they will put you straight.

If it is a 1.6 then im pretty sure its not the mb3. Is it badged as a 1.6 SR? If so then iirc, this engine produces 125bhp and is MB4 or 5, need to check that.

Plenty stuff about, most parts with the mb range are interchangable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im kinda hoping it's just been listed wrong and its actually a 1.5 LSI therefore 16v VTEC-e.

Spoke to the guy who reckons it is 16v but you never know really do ya.

Will update later after i've been to look at the car!

Joe

·
Registered
680 Posts
Run the reg number through a few insurance search engines or MID. It will tell you the engine size and spec etc.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
d15 is a good engine. plenty of torque but great economy.
d16 is the same. vtec-e is a good thing but the 5th gear is quite long!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turned out it wasnt a v-tec. Its just a 1.6 16v, which i wasnt overly impressed by...at all lol

Anyone know anything about this engine? Im struggling to find anything at the mo.

i might just wait a month or so longer and buy sumit proper VTEC and fast.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Why dont you just buy the 1.8 vti(mb6) 16 valves, DOHC, "vtec", fast as feck and still good on fuel economy. Also the same shape as the civic you looked at and they are a steal these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts