Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a front strut bar for my civic coupe.... my question is are they easy to put on ?? as in can you do it with normal spanners or do you need the air guns ??

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
4 bolts, any socket set will get it off. mine comes with one as standard. if you dont have one already you may have to fit it. probably fitting across the strut tops but you will need to get underneath to fit the nuts underneath, which may mean removing suspension. or they might use the nuts on top of the suspension that you can see from the engine bay. which will make it easier.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want 1 that goes ontop of the engine not the underneath 1...

But i dont really want to be spending lyk £100 on 1

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
thats what i was talking about. they are quite expensive. type ek4 strut brace and u might find a standard one like on my car

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the stock 1's look good i think i dont really mind what colour it is i might even phone scrap yards to see if they have got one..

its really weird out of all my friends that have VTi's (6 of us) only 2 of us dont have 1 :'(

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
all got money to spend? or have parents? i had parents to buy my my 1st car. which i sold to fund the jordan (£3k back) and saved money working part time and overtime.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The ebay ones really aint that bad tbh. Bang for buck they are good!

I had one on my EK stiffened the front end up a treat. You dont really need to spend mega money tbh!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
someone had one on a mini (along with a roll cage) and something to do with being an idiot and crap at mechanics managed to roll his car going round a corner at normal speed.

all it does is stiffen the chassis roll (engineered roll which the body does to absorb bumps etc.) its not a bad thing that they roll. at the front and rear it keeps the chassis strut tops in line with each other (in a sideways motion) so they dont flex. the flex of the bar when too stiff adds the wrong type of force (a forward and back motion) which alters camber in the wrong way. my strut bar (honda factory fitted) is really easy to bend.

when on a track you want the car to be as stiff as possible. so strong bars are good!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts