Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have done a good search across the internet and i found quite a few people insuring civic's as there first cars..
yet i have had some quotes off the internet for a 1.4 all around 2.6k -- 2.8k which i most likly wont be able to afford..
i know internet quotes are dearer than phoning but dont have time to phone atm.
just wondering what would be the cheapest model to insure and if anyone has insured one as there first car

thanks,

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I insured a 1.5 LSi as my first car and that was pretty cheap im sure you could get a lot cheaper on a 1.4 alec and skinny both have 1.4's insured at the moment it might be wise to give them a shout im sure they will reply to this thread when they see it

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Im running a 1.5 lsi edd lol. I just drive it like a 1.1 :D

As its your first car, i take it your 17 with obviously no, no claims..

I had it as my second car with no no claims, and it was £1300..
You will get much better insurance for a 1.4

try http://www.quinn-direct.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - thats who im with, great prices..

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
ah didnt realise yours was an LSi! I looked at getting an EG LSi but decieded they were too slow. Unless i didnt a bit of work and wacked my D15z6 head on it hmmm

EFA

·
Registered
614 Posts
i dunno what prices would be for say a standard civic, but adrian flux is not a bad one,give them a try m8. got nothing too lose. Plus i would say you could probably get a 1.5 for a reasonable price (insurance wise), but if i were you m8 id go for a 1.4, there still be nippy, specially for your first car and they should be alot cheaper.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Adrian flux wouldn't insure me under 17 had to be 18. This was on a 1.4 fiesta 2003 group 4. I had just had my accident and was looking for quotes. Didn't even get as far as my details!
I paid over 2k fully comp for my 1.3 fiesta in my 1st year.
A tip for you anyway- build up a no claims history starting as soon as you can!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Edd said:
Yeah i might be skinny not sure if im gunna sell the engine as a whole or part it yet
Let me know then mate, I obv wont need the engine as its near enough the same, but i wouldnt mind the vteccccc :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
skinny you know the d15z6 is vtec-e!!! not quite as fun but sure does sound good :D:D

i did pass plus which gave me a years ncb for my first year on my 97 1.5 ls. its gone down now i have one years ncb :D

civics have high ins groupw compared to similar european cars but for the money you save from it not breaking down its worth it :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts