Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My 1993 Civic ESi is taking 3-4 attempts to start up in the mornings from cold. :confused:

The car's done 120k miles with only the ignition module being replaced a few years ago - that was the only problem I've ever had.

The battery's fine (cranks well) and the fuel pressure sounds like it's priming OK too. Fuel is aplenty and runs on V-Power. When you turn the engine over, it kind of splutters and eventually catches on the 3rd or 4th attempt. Once it's started it's fine - no running or idle problems - it only seems to do it first thing in the morning / when cold. I figured if it was the ignition module again - it wouldn't start at all?

I was thinking of getting the plugs and leads replaced. Anyone have any other useful suggestions or familiar with this problem??? :question:

Cheers.

SW.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that. You wouldn't happen to know the engine code for a 93 ESi would you? Am I right in thinking it's EG5 D16Z6? (It's the shape below):-

I was trying this website for parts: http://www.japparts4less.co.uk - trying to find decent Honda parts online, but no joy... :cry:

Cheers! :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
yea its a D16Z6 and your chassis will be EJ something but not sure what, will tell you on your VIN plate.

i had a similar problem and it turnt out to be the crank sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts