Honda Civic Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone from team eg6. Just joined seems a good forum! I drive a civic eg6 hatch vtec was planing on a turbo project want to know what parts are required? Cheers guys.

Common Introduction Questions:
- Can we see some photos of your car if you have one?
- What modifications have you made?
- What future plans do you have?
- Where are you located?
- How did you find the forum?

To upload photos click the "Upload attachment" tab below.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, You got any pics of your car?

What's your budget is the first thing we need to know, as turboing can be expensive if you want to go down the brand route. And also how much more power are you looking for, 100bhp extra, 200bhp extra, 300bhp extra etc etc etc....
Also you could go down the route of a supercharger?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I would like to gain around 250+hp in total. I would like a rough estimate on the kit, pistons etc in order to gain this much power. Branded I was thinking! I will upload my pic soon. Cheers guys

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Welcome, If you do all the mods yourself, no change out of two grand.... minimum ;)

Quick shopping list:-

Head gasket, Pistons, Rings, "H" beam rods, Bearings (big & main), ARP 2000 bolts (head, main & big end), Full gasket & oil seal set, Notched cylinders & crank cradle (for "H" beams), Oil Filter sandwich Plate, Oil pump, Oil lines, Cam belt, Water Pump Etc...Turbo, Wastegate, BOV, FMU, Map mod, Intercooler & charge piping, Boost regulator, Air filter, Injectors, Remove the AC (complete waste of space), Gauges X 3 or 4, Exhaust, De-cat, Manifold, Wastegate charge pipe mod (if external), Engine dampener, Clutch and flywheel, brake upgrade, loads of silicon hoses, thats the mechanical bits before you think about ECU, Chip, wideband, Tuning &.... time :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
no chance he will get chamge from two grand, mine cost about that and thats without internals.

civit has it pretty much coverd, keep all your gaskets OE and the oil pump, a set of motor mounts rather then a dampner, and if your getting a tune which you really should you dont need an FMU.

hit greg up at http://www.go-autowork-store.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and tell him your budget and power goals and he will put a kit together for you.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
You can get the internals as well, watch the dollar and by from the states (D series parts anyway), I bought Vitaras with chrome rings, Eagles with ARPs, ACL bearings, gasket kit, water pump, timing belt & tensioner kit & cometic head gasket for less than most companies will sell the "H" beams for in this country.... buy from Puerto Rico ;)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Automotive-Pro ... asstQQtZkm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't worry about carriage cost they will do deals and make sure you get it sent as samples or a lower value as poss, as shocks can happen with import duties

1 - 9 of 9 Posts